BoatBanter.com

-   -   Atlantic City Boat Show (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8756-atlantic-city-boat-show.html)

Gogarty January 16th 04 03:24 PM

Atlantic City Boat Show

Has anyone gone to the Sail US Boat Show in Atlantic City? We had
planned to go but wether confines us to home. If we are typical, the
show must really be hurting.

Rich Hampel January 16th 04 05:17 PM

Atlantic City Boat Show

Im going tomorow, come hell freezing over or high water, besides its
tooooo cold to go skiing (snow is tooooo slow at these temperatures).

If I cant work on boat projects then I might as well go to the show.

Rodney Myrvaagnes January 16th 04 07:51 PM

Atlantic City Boat Show

We are going Sunday, weather permitting.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:24:39 -0500, Gogarty
wrote:

Has anyone gone to the Sail US Boat Show in Atlantic City? We had
planned to go but wether confines us to home. If we are typical, the
show must really be hurting.

Rodney Myrvaagnes Opionated old geezer

Faith-based economics: It's deja voodoo all over again

[email protected] January 19th 04 05:37 PM

Atlantic City Boat Show

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Gogarty wrote:

Has anyone gone to the Sail US Boat Show in
Atlantic City? We had planned to go but wether
confines us to home. If we are typical, the show
must really be hurting.

Except that there was a large crowd on Sat., the show seemed
comparatively smaller and also less well attended than in recent past
years (there were even some empty booths that appear to have been set
up for exhibitors who/which didn't show), and some of the exhibitors
so indicated.

Bobsprit January 19th 04 06:29 PM

Atlantic City Boat Show

Except that there was a large crowd on Sat., the show seemed
comparatively smaller and also less well attended than in recent past
years (there were even some empty booths that appear to have been set
up for exhibitors who/which didn't show), and some of the exhibitors
so indicated.

The show was smaller. It was well attended on Saturday, but the weather hurt on
other days. For the sellers it was a "one Day" show.

RB

Rich Hampel January 19th 04 07:01 PM

Atlantic City Boat Show

Absent were many of the national marine equipment manufacturers such as
Harken, Sailrite, Forespar, Edson, PYI, etc. The show is about 1/4
the size of what was there 10 years ago. The ony reason I went was to
take a good look/comparison of windlasses, radar, windvanes, spinnaker
poles, etc. ..... none to be found at all; but, plenty of overpriced
foul weather gear, topsiders and sunglasses. The engine dealers had no
idea of their current products and definitely would offer NO
information on maintenance or rebuilding of older equipment - "Wanna
make a deal for a new engine, "No i dont know where the horspower curve
peaks vs. rpm".
The only forum that had real merit was the Lin & Larry Pardy Show:
Heavy weather tactics otherwise the depth and expertise offered in
other forums was quite elemental or evolved into infomercials on
captive products. I did learn that for over $180 per night I can keep
my boat at the Farley State Marina in AC -- fat friggin chance.

The AC show was an intense disappointment for me and I dont think that
I will be going back again in the near future as I can find out more
information on products from a West Marine Catalogue!!!!!
.....arrrrrrgh.