Default Internet For Boats!

I had recently purchased a new 3g router that allows voice and data on
boats and find is bloody fantastic. It was referred to me from a
friend of mine. These guys are really onto something and also offers
great range... they are at www.internetforboats.com highly
recommended for owners that are docked and travelling. the voice
quality is great as well...

wrote in news:1191564232.275958.186430
@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

www.internetforboats.com

I notice nothing is said of RATES....(c;

What rates do they charge in Oz for unlimited broadband over it?

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe

The OP is spam for a very expensive device, upwards from about $1000AUD.
There are much cheaper ways of hooking into the NextG service.

The only mobile broadband internet service provider on the NextG network in
Australia is BigPond, an offshoot of Telstra, the main telco. As such,
Bigpond is screwing the market for all it can get. I am on a middle of the
road plan: 12 month contract, unlimitted connect time, 1 Gigabyte data per
month, $85AUD a month. Outrageous!

However, the service works. My experience is just about 100% coverage on the
east coast of Australia, at good speeds, and also good coverage when
travelling by car inland. With an external antenna, I'm sometimes able to
pick up coverage 5-8 miles offshore of major ports. This post was written at
anchor, some 10-12 miles offshore/away from Gladstone,QLD.

Beats marina based wifi handsdown. It makes it entirely feasible to run my
business affairs without being marina bound.

"Larry" wrote in message
wrote in news:1191564232.275958.186430
@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

www.internetforboats.com

I notice nothing is said of RATES....(c;

What rates do they charge in Oz for unlimited broadband over it?

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe
because they have never called Earth.

"Lee Martin" wrote in
news
I am on a middle of the
road plan: 12 month contract, unlimitted connect time, 1 Gigabyte data
per month, $85AUD a month. Outrageous!

Ouch! Thanks for the info....

I have a Nokia M800 pocket computer on order that uses wifi or BT to a
cellphone's EVDO broadband. Alltel has quoted me unlimited data for the
cellphone link at $US25/mo (What's that, now, $12AUD?...It's hard to tell
with the Federal Reserve Private banknotes becoming so useless.) Alltel
tells me there's no GB/mo limit at that. It sure is less than other
carriers like Verizon Wireless wants for 5GB/mo.

Wifi is, of course, much faster and available all over our city, including
all the marinas for free...(c;

Larry

On Oct 6, 3:13 am, Larry wrote:
wrote in news:1191564232.275958.186430
@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

www.internetforboats.com

I notice nothing is said of RATES....(c;

What rates do they charge in Oz for unlimited broadband over it?

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe
because they have never called Earth.

it depends on the service provider. In Aus there is telstra, vodafone
and optus. The data packs are very cheap now as Aussie companies also
have free to mobile plans on sim cards making this a very cheap
option.. I was in the states and A t&T have data pachages there. not
sure where u are from though. Most countries have 3g and cdma anyway..
hope this helps

"Larry" wrote in message

wrote in news:1191564232.275958.186430
@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

www.internetforboats.com

I notice nothing is said of RATES....(c;

What rates do they charge in Oz for unlimited broadband over it?

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe
because they have never called Earth.- Hide quoted text -

Larry, vodafone alsooffer good rates!

"Larry" wrote in message

wrote in news:1191564232.275958.186430
@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

www.internetforboats.com

I notice nothing is said of RATES....(c;

What rates do they charge in Oz for unlimited broadband over it?

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe
because they have never called Earth.- Hide quoted text -

lee try these guys at www.internetforboats.com 120 KM's!!! I have a
marine antenna as well which helps.. perhaps ask them your self as I
do not know all the answers accept to say the w25 works perfectly

On Oct 11, 2:05 pm, Larry wrote:
wrote in news:1192003502.466963.109420@
19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

I was in the states and A t&T have data pachages there. not
sure where u are from though. Most countries have 3g and cdma

anyway..
hope this helps

I'm in Charleston, SC, USA. Carrier is Alltel. Unlimited data is
$25/month to PDAs/laptops using aircards or the phone as modem.
$10/month if you just have a smartphone with no downloading.

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe
because they have never called Earth.

well thats cheap!! if you can use those cards with the w25, that makes
for good communications then..