Lee Martin[_2_] Lee Martin[_2_] is offline

Default Internet For Boats!

The OP is spam for a very expensive device, upwards from about $1000AUD.
There are much cheaper ways of hooking into the NextG service.

The only mobile broadband internet service provider on the NextG network in
Australia is BigPond, an offshoot of Telstra, the main telco. As such,
Bigpond is screwing the market for all it can get. I am on a middle of the
road plan: 12 month contract, unlimitted connect time, 1 Gigabyte data per
month, $85AUD a month. Outrageous!

However, the service works. My experience is just about 100% coverage on the
east coast of Australia, at good speeds, and also good coverage when
travelling by car inland. With an external antenna, I'm sometimes able to
pick up coverage 5-8 miles offshore of major ports. This post was written at
anchor, some 10-12 miles offshore/away from Gladstone,QLD.

Beats marina based wifi handsdown. It makes it entirely feasible to run my
business affairs without being marina bound.

"Larry" wrote in message
wrote in news:1191564232.275958.186430
@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

www.internetforboats.com

I notice nothing is said of RATES....(c;

What rates do they charge in Oz for unlimited broadband over it?

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe