Harlan Lachman

Default Cruising the CT River

Can one cruise up the CT River from LI Sound in a powerboat that draws
four feet? And, if so, how far up can one go without portaging? Do you
have to go really slow?

Information, ideas on good reads, or advice would be appreciated.

Harlan

--
Tro respond, obviously drop the nospam!
JOEANDKV

Re Ct river======you can go all the way to Hartford-long but real nice
trip---Satybrook,Essex are no wake--but further up--no problem--- Done it
alot---
JOEANDKV

Re Ct river======you can go all the way to Hartford-long but real nice
trip---Satybrook,Essex are no wake--but further up--no problem--- Done it
alot---

Larry Weiss

Careful. If you have a New York registration or home port on your boat, the
likelihood of being pulled over and ticketed for something is extremely good,
even if you are obeying the rules to the letter. The CT DEC guys around
Saybrook are especially voracious. Its a great local revenue producer. They
know its easier to pay the $60 ticket rather than drive all the way up there
to fight it in court. Take it from one who's been there.

(In the meantime, Connecticut boaters continually blast through Oyster Bay
Harbor at full throttle - thoughtlessly and illegally causing havoc and
damage with their wakes. Go figure).

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!"
"a little after..."
often lurking, occasionally posting

JOEANDKV wrote:

Re Ct river======you can go all the way to Hartford-long but real nice
trip---Satybrook,Essex are no wake--but further up--no problem--- Done it
alot---

Larry Weiss

Hey Bill - I'm merely reporting my experience and the experience of others. It
happened to me and I've seen it happen to others. It's a common story on the Long
Island side of the Sound, and it is far from "Baloney". However, if you choose to
learn the lesson the hard way, be my guest. It won't change my boating experience
one way or the other.

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!"
"a little after..."

wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:19:25 GMT, Larry Weiss wrote:

Careful. If you have a New York registration or home port on your boat, the
likelihood of being pulled over and ticketed for something is extremely good,
even if you are obeying the rules to the letter. The CT DEC guys around
Saybrook are especially voracious. Its a great local revenue producer. They
know its easier to pay the $60 ticket rather than drive all the way up there
to fight it in court. Take it from one who's been there.

Oh, BALONEY!

BB

jake

real smart answer!
Good! Stay on your side of the Sound. We really don't need any more Noo Yawk
assholes stinking up the place.

BB
Larry Wuss
"...Ever After!"