Default powered eggs

Anyone interested in powered eggs should find this link useful..

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/

My husband and I tried these at home and found them tasty.. Storage life
is advertised as 5 to 10 years unopened, and 1 year after opening.. Each
2-1/4 lb. can contains approximately 170 (small) eggs, costs $14.49, and
your entire order, regardless of size, will ship for $4.49 to anywhere in
the U.S.

We put a can on our boat in lieu of greased eggs for our next cruise..

I have no interest in promoting Honeyville.. There are other firms that
sell powered eggs.. I merely wish to relay what we've found..

Diana

"Dr. Di" wrote in message
Anyone interested in powered eggs should find this link useful..

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/

My husband and I tried these at home and found them tasty.. Storage life
is advertised as 5 to 10 years unopened, and 1 year after opening.. Each
2-1/4 lb. can contains approximately 170 (small) eggs, costs $14.49, and
your entire order, regardless of size, will ship for $4.49 to anywhere in
the U.S.

We put a can on our boat in lieu of greased eggs for our next cruise..

I have no interest in promoting Honeyville.. There are other firms that
sell powered eggs.. I merely wish to relay what we've found..

Diana

Eeeewwwwwwwwww! Yuck, bleck, patooie and retch. Powdered eggs make powdered
nonfat milk taste like ambrosia by comparison. But if you like them, you can
have my share. :-)

Dr. Di wrote:
Anyone interested in powered eggs should find this link useful..

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/

My husband and I tried these at home and found them tasty.. Storage
life is advertised as 5 to 10 years unopened, and 1 year after
opening.. Each 2-1/4 lb. can contains approximately 170 (small) eggs,
costs $14.49, and your entire order, regardless of size, will ship
for $4.49 to anywhere in the U.S.

We put a can on our boat in lieu of greased eggs for our next cruise..

I have no interest in promoting Honeyville.. There are other firms
that sell powered eggs.. I merely wish to relay what we've found..

Diana

"Powered" how? Battery. solar, etc.?

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:44:21 -0400, Armond Perretta wrote:

Dr. Di wrote:
Anyone interested in powered eggs should find this link useful..

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/

My husband and I tried these at home and found them tasty.. Storage
life is advertised as 5 to 10 years unopened, and 1 year after
opening.. Each 2-1/4 lb. can contains approximately 170 (small) eggs,
costs $14.49, and your entire order, regardless of size, will ship for
$4.49 to anywhere in the U.S.

We put a can on our boat in lieu of greased eggs for our next cruise..

I have no interest in promoting Honeyville.. There are other firms that
sell powered eggs.. I merely wish to relay what we've found..

Diana

"Powered" how? Battery. solar, etc.?

Actually it's cold fusion..

Hey, I'm a scientist, a technocrat, are you not aware that we can't spell?

It should read "powdered".. And I stand corrected..

Thanks...

Diana

Funny, reading the title to the thread, I was imagining a cross
between a jet ski and a paddle boat...

Bob Bob is offline

On Sep 23, 8:08 am, "Dr. Di" wrote:
Anyone interested in powered eggs should find this link useful..

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/

My husband and I tried these at home and found them tasty.. Storage life
is advertised as 5 to 10 years unopened,

I merely wish to relay what we've found..
Diana

Well Diana: I hate to break this to you but about 45+ years ago when I
was jus a poor white boy my moma got USDA commodities. This was before
food stamps. Yep, a real treat to sit down to some steamin hot canned
spam, instant potatoes, and yes........... powdered eggs all washed
down with some nice warm powdered milk fresh from the box.

Ah, but lunch was usually deer or salmon followed with blackberry
pie.

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
Funny, reading the title to the thread, I was imagining a cross
between a jet ski and a paddle boat...

And getting even more egg on your face in the process....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Dr. Di wrote:
[...]

Hey, I be one too, and speel me can. Just takes a bit longer.

Dr. A

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:09:32 +0000, Bob wrote:

On Sep 23, 8:08 am, "Dr. Di" wrote:
Anyone interested in powered eggs should find this link useful..

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/

My husband and I tried these at home and found them tasty.. Storage
life is advertised as 5 to 10 years unopened,

I merely wish to relay what we've found..
Diana

Well Diana: I hate to break this to you but about 45+ years ago when I
was jus a poor white boy my moma got USDA commodities. This was before
food stamps. Yep, a real treat to sit down to some steamin hot canned
spam, instant potatoes, and yes........... powdered eggs all washed down
with some nice warm powdered milk fresh from the box.

Ah, but lunch was usually deer or salmon followed with blackberry pie.

Bob

I'm sure your memories are vivid in your mind Bob, but I'd venture to
suggest that the majority of us had humble beginnings.. It was more the
nature of the times, rather than an exclusion from a more affluent
society..

I remember saving my school lunch money so I could buy chemicals and
books for my experiments... I think I needed to explore more than I
needed to eat.. Mom didn't know I skipped lunch, but I remember very
clearly.. It was a necessary expediency to attain my goals..

Perhaps what you remember as powdered eggs were really powdered egg
whites (?)... It was pretty common then to find the powdered egg whites..

The eggs I recommend are whole eggs, and they are pretty much equivalent
to homogenized whole eggs in my opinion.. I'm sure they're not for
everyone, but I look forward to using them when local eggs are not
available..

Thanks for the information Bob, it serves to illustrate just how united
in purpose and life we really are..

Diana

Dr. Di wrote:
[...]

Diana- Hide quoted text -

With memories of WWII in the UK; nightly bombing and government
recipes by Grandma Buggins (anybody remember her "Ingrediments") on
the wireless; I don't blame anyone for not liking powdered egg!
It used to come, via the convoys, bless their Lend Lease, thank you
again USA, in boxes that had been dipped into wax, turning the yellow
box into a ghastly shade somewhere between camouflage mustard green
and vomit! Always used to make me think of enemy mustard gas, which
never came so we never did use our government issue gas marks.
So eggheads can't eggaxctly spell! Maybe a scientific education isn't
all it's cracked up to be? But after shelling out all that effort to
get, say a university scientific degree it must be a scramble to get
through a day without poaching spellings from a dictionary.
Sorry just trying to make a bit of a yoke, err joke. And reminisce
about the last time ever saw powdered egg, probably in the late
1940s? And it can stay there as far as I am concerned. Thanks for the
memory I guess?