trey

Default Single Line reefing

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all!

I'm in the process of setting up a single line reefing system for 2
reef points all leading aft. I have the main idea of how i'm going to
set it up but was wondering if anyone could post a picture or 2 of
their reefing setup? Any comments or help would be appreciated. I
have an endeavour 32 that I'm getting ready to take south from the
Seattle Wa.

Thanks
Trey
Dick

I'm in the process of setting up a single line reefing system for 2
reef points all leading aft. I have the main idea of how i'm going to
set it up but was wondering if anyone could post a picture or 2 of
their reefing setup?

I have used this setup for ten years. I have had no problems with it. I have
pictures and description at:

members.aol.com/mstarunderway/reefing.html

Dick

Terry Spragg

trey wrote:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all!

I'm in the process of setting up a single line reefing system for 2
reef points all leading aft. I have the main idea of how i'm going to
set it up but was wondering if anyone could post a picture or 2 of
their reefing setup? Any comments or help would be appreciated. I
have an endeavour 32 that I'm getting ready to take south from the
Seattle Wa.

Thanks
Trey

A word pictu reef line anchored on boom just aft of reefed
clew position. Small block on reefed sail clew, (some omit this
block, passing line through sail reef tack grommet instead) a
cheek block on opposite side of boom, line led fwd to turning
block near goosneck on mast or preferrably boom, small block on
reef tack of sail to turn the reef line down from tack to
mastbase and deck (you need this one to meet the one on the boom
nose to nose witout binding,) another to turn line aft to cockpit
coachtop winch or line clutch. Halyard also led to cockpit
coachtop winch via clutch. Two reef or three reefs may be done
the same way. Mark the halyard and reef lines at clutch points.
Reef line tails may go to wind up reels, to look after slack in
2nd reef line caused by using 1st reef, etc. Messy business,
reefing. Head up to make it easier.

The best first reef might well be to drop the jib altogether. If
a downhaul line is fed to the top of the jib, and if the jib
halyard is led to the cockpit, the jib may be doused from the
cockpit easily. This is an easier and more beneficial remote
reefing action than reefing the main, if reefing becomes an
urgent requirement. Reef early.
--
Terry K - My email address is MY PROPERTY, and is protected by
copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce it is

Terry Spragg

Dick wrote:

I'm in the process of setting up a single line reefing system for 2
reef points all leading aft. I have the main idea of how i'm going to
set it up but was wondering if anyone could post a picture or 2 of
their reefing setup?

I have used this setup for ten years. I have had no problems with it. I have
pictures and description at:

http://members.aol.com/mstarunderway/reefing.html works better for many -TKS

Dick

--
Terry K - My email address is MY PROPERTY, and is protected by
copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce it is
specifically denied for mass mailing and unrequested
solicitations. Reproduction or conveyance for any unauthorised
purpose is THEFT and PLAGIARISM. Abuse is Invasion of privacy
and harassment. Abusers may be prosecuted. -This notice footer
released to public domain. Spamspoof salad by spamchock -
SofDevCo

Terry Spragg

Dick wrote:

[...]

warping, tight slip, adverse wind Charles T. Low General 8 February 15th 04 11:29 PM
Birthdate of Norman Maclean Harry Krause General 1 December 24th 03 12:05 AM
Reef'g line storage? Steve Cruising 4 September 8th 03 10:43 AM
Fuel pump to carbs fuel line replacement Bob General 5 July 29th 03 05:51 PM