Default Anchor watch by GPS - what do you use to wake you at all times if necessary

"Marc Heusser" alid wrote
in message ...
In article s.com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

What is not even considered by such selfish, rude and lazy individuals
is that dragging anchor is not an individual problem. ...

Drag into my boat because you anchored inadequately I guarantee there
will be hell to pay. You'll be fully awake at least for a few minutes
before I knock you unconscious. When you wake back up you'll still be
dragging but you'll have to deal with while nursing a broken jaw. I
believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

Wow - Wild West at its best :-)

Marc

I believe Capt Neil delivered a few too many flyers in his postal days.
It's hard to believe a guy who decorates his boat interior with mauve could
be such a hard-ass.

"Marc Heusser" alid wrote
in message ...
In article s.com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

What is not even considered by such selfish, rude and lazy individuals
is that dragging anchor is not an individual problem. ...

Drag into my boat because you anchored inadequately I guarantee there
will be hell to pay. You'll be fully awake at least for a few minutes
before I knock you unconscious. When you wake back up you'll still be
dragging but you'll have to deal with while nursing a broken jaw. I
believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

Wow - Wild West at its best :-)

Marc

This is assuming, of course, that the person who drags onto Mouseturd is a
girl scout. And when she wakes up she'll still kick Crap'n Kneel's butt.

On Aug 30, 10:21 am, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
Drag into my boat because you anchored inadequately I guarantee there
will be hell to pay. You'll be fully awake at least for a few minutes
before I knock you unconscious. When you wake back up you'll still be
dragging but you'll have to deal with while nursing a broken jaw. I
believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

Wilbur Hubbard

Spoken like a true newsgroup pussy.

Capt. Bill

Ed Ed is offline

That is what I use... no relay, low current... only problem... it is so
loud it scares the __ out of me and I usually hit my head on the ceiling.

Marc Heusser wrote:
Hi Jason

In article ,
Jason wrote:

You should be able to find a piezo buzzer alarm for a couple bucks at
Radio Shack. They require very low amperage (~10-20mA) so you wouldn't
even need a relay. You can find them with sound output over 100 db.
which will wake the dead.

Thanks for good advice - this seems to be the best way to go, and simple
too.

Marc

Anchor Watch Cruising 4 May 21st 07 01:38 AM
WOW, WHAT A WAKE UP! tom ASA 0 April 27th 07 10:28 PM
Sometimes you have to watch where you anchor Jeannette Cruising 2 February 10th 06 06:49 AM
Anchor watch with GPS Robert Seynaeve General 13 March 21st 05 08:22 PM
land anchor vs fluke anchor for anchors set directly on beach Laura Cruising 5 June 3rd 04 01:20 PM