Default August 25 - Well, that about winds it up.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:29:28 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Travleing at 6MPH and trying to call it racing is far too much of a
stretch
for me.

I understand. Racers love to talk about *fast* boats versus slow
ones. That usually means a boat that goes 7 kts vs 6.5 :-)

You can learn a lot about sail shape, sail trim, boat prep, mast
tuning and weather forecasting from racing however. Almost every
cruising boat I've ever seen could be made at least a knot faster with
a little work.

Funny you should mention that. When I'm out on the bay for a daysail, sail
shape makes little difference to me. I'm on the water, the boat's moving,
that's all I care about. Until another boat becomes a threat. Suddenly I
care about sail draft, lead position, halyard tension, traveler
position... It's not at all uncommon for Essie to go from 4 knots to 6
just because I'm suddenly "racing." lol

I wondered who that was.... lol

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Wayne.B"
Almost every
cruising boat I've ever seen could be made at least a knot faster with
a little work.

Understand, but when I'm on the boat, "I'm There".

Not in any hurry to leave.

Lew

"Wayne.B" wrote in

Almost every
cruising boat I've ever seen could be made at least a knot

faster with
a little work.

Avoiding work is the main reason I go cruising.

SBV

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Wayne.B"

Almost every
cruising boat I've ever seen could be made at least a knot faster with
a little work.

Understand, but when I'm on the boat, "I'm There".

Not in any hurry to leave.

Lew

Copy that. Lew.

Especially night cruises.

Just being there - and moving along comfortably....

That's something very satisfying.

Richard