Default Flying Pig ?

Anybody heard from Skip and Lydia lately?

Last I heard they were near Frying Pan Shoals headed for Beaufort, NC
on Aug 6.

I'd have thought they would be in by now.

On Aug 9, 4:44 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
Anybody heard from Skip and Lydia lately?

Last I heard they were near Frying Pan Shoals headed for Beaufort, NC
on Aug 6.

I'd have thought they would be in by now.

We're in Beaufort. Stay tuned for the reports, and thanks for the
concerns. No worries...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
Follow us at http://groups.google.com/group/flyingpiglog and/or

make it
come true. You may have to work for it however."
(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its
hands.
You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:18:00 -0000, Skip Gundlach
wrote:

We're in Beaufort.

Good deal.

I always regard Beaufort as the half way mark heading to the north
east. Do you have the bridge clearance to take the ICW to Norfolk?
That stretch is one of the nicer parts of the ICW.

wrote:
We're in Beaufort.

Good deal.

I always regard Beaufort as the half way mark heading to the north
east. Do you have the bridge clearance to take the ICW to Norfolk?
That stretch is one of the nicer parts of the ICW.

Unless someone's misled us, we're under 65' and should be good to go.
In Beaufort we'll go around, toward Morehead City, to miss the shallow
cut there, but otherwise we've been assured by many (see Charleston
post) that we're going to be fine all the way.

Thanks for asking. Nice to have some conversations where the thread
doesn't get ugly :{)) (no, I'm not bothered - see prior threads about
that)

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
Follow us at http://groups.google.com/group/flyingpiglog and/or

"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make
it
come true. You may have to work for it however."
(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its
hands.
You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:45:44 -0000, Skip Gundlach
wrote:

Unless someone's misled us, we're under 65' and should be good to go.

Be careful at the Wilkerson Bridge. It's about 1 fry short of a happy
meal at 64 ft, supposedly a design error.

Lat 35-33.31 / Lon 76-26-35

It depends on the "tide".
I can't remember which wind direction piles the water up, but if you can't
make it, there is less back tracking when going north than when going south.
I have called a marina at Belhaven to determine water levels.
Yeah, I can't believe the NC Highway Dept cut it so close.

wrote:

Unless someone's misled us, we're under 65' and should be good to go.

Be careful at the Wilkerson Bridge. It's about 1 fry short of a happy
meal at 64 ft, supposedly a design error.

Lat 35-33.31 / Lon 76-26-35

Wayne.B wrote in
:

Anybody heard from Skip and Lydia lately?

Last I heard they were near Frying Pan Shoals headed for Beaufort, NC
on Aug 6.

I'd have thought they would be in by now.

Got a message from Skip just this afternoon. They're there and just
fine. The little Honda 2KW EU2000i was charging the laptop on AC as he
typed it while the batteries charged.

These *******s keep calling me so I'm feeding them to the spambots.
--
Sunrise Communications
1374 E. Republic Rd.

Bob Bob is offline

On Aug 9, 2:45 pm, Skip Gundlach wrote:

That stretch is one of the nicer parts of the ICW.

Unless someone's misled us, we're under 65' and should be good to go.
Skip
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

Hello Skip........

PLEASE tell me that you have a Coast Pilot for that part of the world
and dont rely only on helpful people for bridge clearance?!?1??@@??
@?!?!?!?

Also, I believe "SV Flying Pig" is more of a S/Y (Saling Yacht).
Although I suppose it could also be a OL/S (oil screw).
But probably others here may know better.

Wont go under a bridge without a Coast Pilot Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 9, 2:45 pm, Skip Gundlach wrote:

That stretch is one of the nicer parts of the ICW.

Unless someone's misled us, we're under 65' and should be good to go.
Skip
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

Hello Skip........

PLEASE tell me that you have a Coast Pilot for that part of the world
and dont rely only on helpful people for bridge clearance?!?1??@@??
@?!?!?!?

Also, I believe "SV Flying Pig" is more of a S/Y (Saling Yacht).
Although I suppose it could also be a OL/S (oil screw).
But probably others here may know better.

Wont go under a bridge without a Coast Pilot Bob

Because of the ineptitude of the crew, "Flying Pig" cannot be labeled
S/V or S/Y. The proper label would have to be L/S Flying Pig for
"Laughing Stock."

Wilbur Hubbard

NEWS FROM FLYING PIG... Larry Cruising 10 February 9th 07 12:51 AM
Has to be the Flying Nun John Cairns ASA 3 February 24th 06 02:20 PM
A Flying Pig First Skip Gundlach Cruising 0 July 21st 05 05:54 AM
Flying TVs at Sea!!!! Bobsprit ASA 124 February 1st 04 12:25 AM
Flying for the NWS JaxAshby ASA 4 August 15th 03 10:12 PM