Default snap fasteners - how to make them operate more easily?

Many of my cockpit cover's snap fasteners are hard to fasten.
How do you make them operate more easily?

TIA

Marc

--
Switzerland/Europe
http://www.heusser.com

"Marc Heusser" alid wrote
in message ...
Many of my cockpit cover's snap fasteners are hard to fasten.
How do you make them operate more easily?

TIA

Marc

--
Switzerland/Europe
http://www.heusser.com
remove CHEERS and from MERCIAL to get valid e-mail

You can use "Mr. Zippy" (i think that's the name) on them, or some other
wax-based zipper lubricant.

map map is offline

On Aug 5, 2:43 pm, Marc Heusser
alid wrote:
Many of my cockpit cover's snap fasteners are hard to fasten.
How do you make them operate more easily?

TIA

Marc

--
Switzerland/Europe
http://www.heusser.com
remove CHEERS and from MERCIAL to get valid e-m

you can use chap stick, pertoleum jelly or WD-40

"map" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 5, 2:43 pm, Marc Heusser
alid wrote:
Many of my cockpit cover's snap fasteners are hard to fasten.
How do you make them operate more easily?

TIA

Marc

--
Switzerland/Europe
http://www.heusser.com
remove CHEERS and from MERCIAL to get valid e-m

you can use chap stick, pertoleum jelly or WD-40

Using WD isn't a good idea... see another thread for the details.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bil Bil is offline

On Aug 6, 5:43 am, Marc Heusser
alid wrote:
Many of my cockpit cover's snap fasteners are hard to fasten.
How do you make them operate more easily?

Surfboard wax - it comes in different melting point formulations for
different climates (tropical, temperate etc) - works.

Cheers

Bil wrote:

On Aug 6, 5:43 am, Marc Heusser
valid wrote:
Many of my cockpit cover's snap fasteners are hard to fasten.
How do you make them operate more easily?

Surfboard wax - it comes in different melting point formulations for
different climates (tropical, temperate etc) - works.

Do you really want them to operate more easily? Because if they work
more easily, they also work more easily for the wind to blow them
apart.

"Rosalie B." wrote
Do you really want them to operate more easily? Because if they work
more easily, they also work more easily for the wind to blow them
apart.

I was thinking the same thing. Before I'd resort to lubing them, I think I'd
start by cleaning out any accumulation of dirt, grit, or corrosion that
might be in there to see if that brings back their snappiness. New snaps
don't come with grease or oil in them.