Default Circumnavigation with a 'Fisher 37'

To my knowledge, there are only two 'Fisher 37' in Denmark where I live, and
this type of boat are seldom seen in Scandinavian waters. Written
information, including tests are rare too - but what I have read and been
told so far about 'Fisher 37' has caught my attention to a degree where I
consider it to be between the two or three most interesting types of boats
suitable for my planned Circumnavigation which is supposed to begin within
2009/10. I am in contact whit both owners in Denmark, one cruising in Europe
and the other primarily using it as his home - and I would very much like to
get in contact with as many owners as possible and hear about experiences
with your 'Fisher 37', including cruising in Europe, blue water sailing,
hard weather sailing and Circumnavigation. Please contact me here or on my
Email address: Sincerely Paul.

"Paul Eric Lantzer" wrote in message
[...]

Take a look at these:

http://www.fisherowners.co.uk/firstpage.html

http://www.fog-northamerica.org/

Leanne

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:16:51 -0400, "Leanne" wrote:

this type of boat are seldom seen in Scandinavian waters. Written
information, including tests are rare too - but what I have read and been
told so far about 'Fisher 37' has caught my attention to a degree where I
consider it to be between the two or three most interesting types of boats
suitable for my planned Circumnavigation

I've never sailed on one but I've seen a few. Nice looking boats but
very short rigged for anything but reaching off in the trade winds.
That means lots of time under power of course, and all of the usual
issues with long range power boats apply. What is the fuel range? Is
there any provision for back up power? Is the engine designed for
continuous operation? What about stabilization/roll control?

Most LRCs consider some form of roll control essential for offshore
passage making, and steadying sails are generally viewed as
inadequate/ineffective.

Circumnavigation with a 'Fisher 37' Paul Eric Lantzer General 0 July 29th 07 10:54 PM
Circumnavigation with a 'Fisher 37' Paul Eric Lantzer General 0 July 29th 07 10:51 PM
Northshore Fisher 25' Stabu General 0 March 12th 07 10:55 AM
FS: Fisher 25 in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 July 31st 03 05:31 PM
FISHER FS Capt. Mooron ASA 4 June 25th 03 01:46 AM