Default Google Earth Nautical Charts (EarthNC)

I just ran across a site that I think is really cool. There's a company
called EarthNC (www.EarthNC.com) which has generated Google Earth overlays
with nautical chart information. They provide a free chart database with
limited information and for $50 you can get a CD or download the full
database. It's pretty cool!

-- Geoff

P.S. I don't have any financial interest in the company, etc, etc.

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
I just ran across a site that I think is really cool. There's a company
called EarthNC (www.EarthNC.com) which has generated Google Earth overlays
with nautical chart information. They provide a free chart database with
limited information and for $50 you can get a CD or download the full
database. It's pretty cool!

-- Geoff

P.S. I don't have any financial interest in the company, etc, etc.

Nifty... thanks for the link.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Geoff Schultz wrote in
:

I just ran across a site that I think is really cool. There's a
company called EarthNC (www.EarthNC.com) which has generated Google
Earth overlays with nautical chart information. They provide a free
chart database with limited information and for $50 you can get a CD
or download the full database. It's pretty cool!

-- Geoff

Another GoogleEarth file that I found which is of interest to cruisers is
the one located at http://services.google.com/earth/kmz/destin_noaa.kmz

It provides a GoogleEarth view of ships reporting into NOAA with their
weather reports. It's cool to be able to spin the globe around and see
what ships are reporting all over the world.

-- Geoff