Default Global Cooling in Beaver City...

In the Heartland of America, Beaver City has shown a 70 year history of
Global COOLING by .31C :
http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO...ationoftheweek
..jsp

Oops....Where's Algore when you want him??

Larry
--
http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO...eB2C/Index.jsp
interesting place of interest to us all.....

Larry wrote in
:

http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO...cn/stationofth

week .jsp

Oops....Where's Algore when you want him??

Larry

I just read "State of Fear" by Michael Chrichton. It's a fiction book
backed up by a ton of science. What was the last fiction book that you
read that had 30 pages of bibliography?

One of the many amazing facts that was discussed in the book was that
urban warming (heating due to heating due to all of the roads,
buildings, etc) plays a large part in the global warming debate. As
cities grow, the effect becomes larger and larger. A large majority of
the reporting weather stations around the country/world are in urban
areas.

You need to compensate for this urban warming factor to come up with a
plot of average temperature by year. I never realized that anything
other than the actual recorded temperatures was used in this
calculation, but it is. There's a huge debate on how to calculate this
factor and how large it is. As a result the data which is being used
isn't pure, it's adjusted.

When you look at plots of non-urban areas, you actually see global
cooling, but when you include all of the urban areas, you see global
warming.

This discussion really doesn't belong in this news group and it was
probably a mistake to reply. But I'd suggest reading Crichton's "State
of Fear." It was a good read, regardless of which side of the debate
you come down on. I had always assumed that global warming was a fact,
but this book made me rethink my position.

-- Geoff

Glaciers are coming. So is a carbon tax, and you have to ask "Why?"

Government by whom?

Terry K

Geoff Schultz wrote in
:

When you look at plots of non-urban areas, you actually see global
cooling, but when you include all of the urban areas, you see global
warming.

One of the most interesting facts pointed out by the scientists in "The
Great Global Warming Swindle", which is available in 8 parts on
YouTube.com, is that the SURFACE, as you say, IS warming due to the
destruction of the forests and replacements with urbana....however, there
is a huge body of real evidence from the weather balloon records,
satellite records, etc., that at 500' the Earth is in a really measurable
COOLING period. The higher in the atmosphere you compare the
measurements, the more the Global COOLING is evident.

Of course, that doesn't generate a Government Report or grant money. It
would also cause major embarrassment to the weather elite who've been
"global warming" it for decades, now, causing all of us to pay billions
of dollars for greenie stuff we didn't need in the first place.

Way too many scientists are living off "global warming" and its backlash.

Larry
--
While in Mexico, I didn't have to press 1 for Spanish.
While in Iran, I didn't have to press 1 for Farsi, either.

Bob Bob is offline

Global COOLING by .31C :http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO...hcn/stationoft...
.jsp

Oops....Where's Algore when you want him??

Ya dit, its not "global warming." Thats an old/early phrase reproters
used cause we the people are too stupid to undersatnd tecnical info.
Its "global climate change." The republicans love the phrase global
warming cause then they can go out and cherry pick any unusual cold
spot. Then use that as support against global warming. its an old
ploy: use an anomaly to act as a model. Sure parts of the place are
getting warm. other cold, wetter, dryer. The point is................

Bob

On Jul 20, 1:55 am, Bob wrote:
On Jul 18, 7:43 pm, Larry wrote:

In the Heartland of America, Beaver City has shown a 70 year history of
Global COOLING by .31C :http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO...hcn/stationoft...
.jsp

Oops....Where's Algore when you want him??

Ya dit, its not "global warming." Thats an old/early phrase reproters
used cause we the people are too stupid to undersatnd tecnical info.
Its "global climate change." The republicans love the phrase global
warming cause then they can go out and cherry pick any unusual cold
spot. Then use that as support against global warming. its an old
ploy: use an anomaly to act as a model. Sure parts of the place are
getting warm. other cold, wetter, dryer. The point is................

Bob

The point is: global ice age and a carbon tax.

Too easy?

Terry K

O/T We Are the Beaver Capt. Lewry ASA 0 July 14th 07 01:52 PM
For you global warming/cooling fans.... ? General 34 July 19th 06 01:50 PM
'Jurassic beaver' found in China' thunder General 0 February 25th 06 11:52 AM
FS: 17' Beaver Superior Portage canoe Tom Thomas Touring 0 April 17th 05 02:29 AM
FS: 17' Beaver Superior Portage canoe Tom Thomas General 0 April 17th 05 02:28 AM