Sailor

Default Great cruising CDs

I have been a live-aboard for a while now. Very fond of Buffett-esque
music as I am sure many other cruisers and live aboards are too.

Eileen Quinn is very good and quite talented. If you ever have the
chance to see her perform live it is a treat. The "anchoring dance" tune
is hysterical to see performed. Audience participation is encouraged.
Her CD's are a must have. I saw her a while back in Toronto. She's can
make you laugh and make you cry.

I also found out about a guy from Key West Florida and HIGHLY recommend
his CD's as an ESSENTIAL Cruising CD collection. I have no affiliation,
except to say that as a sailor I just LOVE his music! His new CD "4 Good
Dogs" is just about perfect for the midnight watch.

The guy's name is Scott Kirby (www.scottkirby.com) and he is just plain
awesome. Folks, I mean it when I say it just doesn't get better!

Listening to his crystal clear voice ring out songs about sailing and
bars and life is just the perfect way to enjoy an evening under the stars.

Some tunes are fun and funny: He does a song about loosing the boat and
buying a house (who would ever do such a thing!) and discovering the
"joys" of fixing a house. It's called "This Ol' House Sucks" The chorus
goes "Bob Vila if I see you down at Sears I kick your ass.."

A lot of songs are very poignant and reminiscent of what it's really
like to sail under the stars:

"It's midnight and we're traveling round Cuba, 12 knots across the
bottom on the wings of a South East Breeze.."

Truly a great performer and a REMARKABLE poet/composer. He chronicles so
many elements of cruising and sailing: sun, surf, stars, beach bars,
lattitude adjustments, and characters.

Mr. Jimmy Buffett, you REALLY need to give this guy a listen! Just trust
me on this one.

Cheers
Jeff

Lee Huddleston wrote:
Let me begin by declaring that I have no affiliation with this artist
other than as a big fan now that I have heard her. I just wanted to
share my find with all of you who have provided so much great advice
over the years.

I have run across a singer/song writer named Eileen Quinn who has
produced four CDs of cruising songs. She is a live-aboard from Canada
who has cruised up and down the eastern coast of the US and into the
Caribbean. Her songs are right on target for cruisers. She has
captured both the humor and the hard times. She really made me laugh
and cry. I highly recommend her to you. Her website, where you can
listen to some of her songs for free, is www.eileenquinn.com

Eileen Quinn has been around for several years and was not aware of
her. This leads me to wonder if there are other great
sailing/cruising singers/song writers out there that I would find
enjoyable if only I could find them. So, if you know of such artists
that you would recommend, please share their names with us all. If
you have a link to a website as well, that would be helpful. Thanks
for sharing.

Lee Huddleston
s/v Truelove

Cruising West Florida Coast Margaret and Loren Block Cruising 3 October 23rd 03 07:47 AM
Great weekend Paul General 3 September 16th 03 08:30 PM
Cruising the Bahamas LaBomba182 Cruising 8 September 5th 03 01:17 AM
September Great Lakes Cruiser [email protected] Cruising 0 August 29th 03 04:37 PM
AUS: Licences and/ or Quals for International Cruising Moores Family Cruising 9 August 6th 03 11:00 PM