Default September Great Lakes Cruiser

The September issue of Great Lakes Cruiser is now posted and
ready to read, for FREE, at www.greatlakescruiser.com. This is an
extra special issue with lots of cruising stories. George Harizal
takes us to Kelleys Island in Lake Erie. Al Cavasin visits Munising,
Michigan and the Pictured Rocks. J.K. Bruce goes to Superior
Wisconsin including Fairlawn Manor and the "Meteor," the very last
whaleback freighter in existence. Cynthia Johnson explores Beaver
Island including such sights as Protar's Tomb and more. And Bruce
Jenvey takes us to Barrie on the shores of Kempenfelt Bay.
You'll also read about Steinbeck's (next) Adventure as "Snow
Mouse" works her way north, Don Stockton's take on things and J.K.
next really Stupid Boat Trick. And this is all free to the reader!
And just think, next month is our annual Halloween Special!
Two very important notes:
1. We want to thank you readers who have made Great Lakes
Cruiser the best read boating magazine in the region. In July, 75,000
of you visited our website and a good many of you actually saved the
issue to disk and took it with you when you left. That's many times
the readership we ever had in print and all we ask is you support our
advertisers and tell them where you saw their ads. Thanks for making
us number one!
2. We have been receiving a lot of e-mails in the last week
since the Michigan City, Indiana Boat Show about Bruce. Bruce is
fine! Yes, he fell victim to heat exhaustion on Sunday afternoon at
the show and was taken to the hospital. But after three hours in St.
Anthony's ER, they had cooled him down and filled him with fluids and
he walked out of there under his own power. He's been home the last
few days and finished this issue of the magazine himself!
Bruce would like to extend his thanks to the fine people at
Lake Erie Marine Trades (boatohio.com) who run the show and were so
helpful that day; Bob Walters of Your Design Mattress Factory who runs
a very "comfortable" display where ailing publishers can lay down;
Vern and Jackie Schatz of the Schatz Insurance Agency who helped pack
up the GLC Booth in Bruce's absence. And let's not forget the fine
staff over at St. Anthony's Hospital who got him back on his feet so
quickly! And to the lady who wrote Bruce direct and asked him if he
was dead, Bruce says: "Not that I'm aware..."

Great Lakes Cruiser
www.greatlakescruiser.com