posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Converting Diesel engines to burn Bio-fuel

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:56:33 +0000, Larry wrote:

No, I suspect the next thing to happen is the oil companies' bribed
politicians will pass a law making it a felony to burn anything but oil
company fuel in any vehicle, driving us all underground. Remember the GM
EV-1 all the test owners loved and refused to give back to GM until GM
threatened them? That was about dealers bitching it didn't require
enough maintenance and oil company politicians telling GM to get rid of
it.

Yep. And now I'm hearing all this crying about the poor U.S. auto
mfgs from different sources.
I saw 3 ads on TV yesterday by these jokers, in succession.
1. Chrysler - a big minivan gas hog.
2. Ford - a huge honking crew cab PU gas hog.
3. GM - a Caddie Escalade gas hog.
Now maybe that marketing was a coincidence or a product of the
cable channel(s) I was watching (CNN, Fox or MSNBC - can't remember).
But it doesn't matter. Keep marketing gas guzzlers and you will die
or become further marginalized by the Asian automakers.

--Vic
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Neighbor that has a fuel polishing business doesn't need any stinking
french fry oil to run his diesel truck.
Typical customer calls and wants all the diesel removed from his
tanks for one reason or another and asks if the neighbor can also
dispose of it. Neighbor says sure but there is a $50 disposal fee on top
of the pumping fee.
Pumps the rotten diesel into 55 gal barrels, takes it home, filters
it through his own system and pumps it into his truck.
Wrong color but who's checking!

BTW, He had a customer that ran fresh water into his fuel tank. He
pumped and polished the fuel to remove the water. Not two weeks later,
the same customer called and said he had did it again!!!!
Gordon
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Vic Smith" wrote in
message news

Yep. And now I'm hearing all this crying about the poor

U.S. auto
mfgs from different sources.
I saw 3 ads on TV yesterday by these jokers, in

succession.
1. Chrysler - a big minivan gas hog.
2. Ford - a huge honking crew cab PU gas hog.
3. GM - a Caddie Escalade gas hog.
Now maybe that marketing was a coincidence or a product of

the
cable channel(s) I was watching (CNN, Fox or MSNBC - can't

remember).
But it doesn't matter. Keep marketing gas guzzlers and

you will die
or become further marginalized by the Asian automakers.

Have you never driven on a busy interstate? 80% of the cars
are SUVs and PUs.
BTW, my truck gets 6.5 MPG now.

SBV

"Gordon" wrote in message

Neighbor that has a fuel polishing business doesn't

need any stinking
french fry oil to run his diesel truck.
Typical customer calls and wants all the diesel removed

from his
tanks for one reason or another and asks if the neighbor

can also
dispose of it. Neighbor says sure but there is a $50

disposal fee on top
of the pumping fee.
Pumps the rotten diesel into 55 gal barrels, takes it

home, filters
it through his own system and pumps it into his truck.
Wrong color but who's checking!

D.O.T., in most states.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Vic Smith" wrote in
message news

Now maybe that marketing was a coincidence or a product of

the
cable channel(s) I was watching (CNN, Fox or MSNBC - can't

remember).
But it doesn't matter. Keep marketing gas guzzlers and

you will die
or become further marginalized by the Asian automakers.

I agree, car ads are some of the worse. Bigger is better?
And how about the ads geared towards the juvenile, immature
( bobspit types) street racer wannabes? Ouy vay!

One ad touts their lighted cup holder. A LIGHTED CUP HOLDER
FOR CRIPES SAKE !!!!!

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default OT: Converting Diesel engines to burn Bio-fuel

Vic Smith wrote in
news
Yep. And now I'm hearing all this crying about the poor U.S. auto
mfgs from different sources.
I saw 3 ads on TV yesterday by these jokers, in succession.
1. Chrysler - a big minivan gas hog.
2. Ford - a huge honking crew cab PU gas hog.
3. GM - a Caddie Escalade gas hog.
Now maybe that marketing was a coincidence or a product of the
cable channel(s) I was watching (CNN, Fox or MSNBC - can't remember).
But it doesn't matter. Keep marketing gas guzzlers and you will die
or become further marginalized by the Asian automakers.

--Vic

Look closely at the lobby success Detroit has had keeping fuel efficient
cars like the Smart Car and other tiny European and Asian developments
out of the country, with the help of their "safety politicians".

I've always wondered why I can buy this:
http://tinyurl.com/3777vp
Which is American made, has absolutely no safety equipment,
whatsoever...but, I'm not allowed to buy this:
http://tinyurl.com/2b7f9u
which HAS plenty of safety equipment so the passengers survive this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s
Here they crashed one into a new Mercedes S-class. It bounced off and
everyone survived.
Do you think the American on the one I can buy will survive this crash
test? I doubt it. It's used as a flimsy excuse to keep fuel efficient
cars that hurt my oil company President, GW, in his pocket book.

Of course, not all Smart Cars are as fast as these with the 500HP Suzuki
Hayabusa motorcycle engine in them....(c;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQIi...elated&search=

Here's a Diablo Smart wiping a million dollar Ferrari's nose in a drag
race....too funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV1zQ...elated&search=

-------------------------------
We're just now getting ONLY the most inefficiently powered Smart Cars
into America. It's been years of waiting....

God I love youtube....(c;

Larry
--
http://www.spp.gov/
The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:57:05 +0000, Larry wrote:

Vic Smith wrote in
news
[...]

Very timely, Larry.
Would you put your money or Ford/GM or UAG?
http://www.forbes.com/markets/2007/0...markets23.html
You remember the Bug in the '60's. All over the place.
Had one myself Might see a repeat with another Kraut car.
Especially if gas goes to 4-5 bucks.
Should be interesting anyway.

--Vic
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

And no sulphur needing bacteria to agglomerate?

So we're gonna grow Canola for fuel! Until it becomes bilegual.

Terry K

On 2007-06-19 11:15:39 -0400, Joe said:

Has anyone here converted your boats engine over to burn bio-fuels?

The smell of french fry, or duncan doughnuts exhaust fumes sure would
be nicer than diesel.

Here in Houston we have a dealer than will deliver and it's cheaper
than Diesel fuel.

Gosh, so many replies, none that answered the question, actually.

Commercial biodiesel is considerably different than the home-brews from
used oils. Ask the dealer for the supplier's website so you can see
what you're getting: Superior cetane and lubrication, much fewer
particulates, essentially zero pollution.

We have a 2GM20F, about 15 years old, that we regularly run at up to
60% Bio. Motor runs smoother, starts easier, and definitely smells a
heck of a lot better.

Haven't found a down-side, no bug/dirt problems or the such, but I try
to be mostly petro when we haul in the winter, as there were some
reports a few years ago that bio didn't like to spend the winter
sitting.

I'd snap that fuel up in a second, AND check to see if my engine
manufacturer had found any problem with running 100% in your climate.
If I remember correctly, a boat with standard engines (I believe diesel
outboards) went around the world on 100% bio as a publicity stunt.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

Build An Attachment For Gas Engines To Use Water For Fuel [email protected] General 11 June 4th 07 11:26 PM
Marine diesel fuel gus General 4 April 10th 06 05:32 AM
Fuel saving tips Gould 0738 General 55 June 5th 04 11:54 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Boat Building 7 February 19th 04 08:00 PM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM