A North

Default Boca Grande Swash Pass

Has it moved? My boat draws 5' and I have used it for years but bumped this
month. Thanks, a north

LaBomba182

Subject: Boca Grande Swash Pass
From: "A North"

Has it moved? My boat draws 5' and I have used it for years but bumped this
month. Thanks, a north

It changes a bit all the time. If you don't use it regularly you may need a
nice day and clear water to eye ball it.

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

Armond Perretta

LaBomba182 wrote:

Has it moved? My boat draws 5' and I have used it for years but
bumped this month. Thanks, a north

It changes a bit all the time. If you don't use it regularly you
may need a nice day and clear water to eye ball it.

I have been through here a few times, both heading out and heading in. I
have _never_ been able to eyeball this water and I would certainly
appreciate learning your secret.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

LaBomba182

From: "Armond Perretta"

I have been through here a few times, both heading out and heading in. I
have _never_ been able to eyeball this water and I would certainly
appreciate learning your secret.

Well, like I said, it helps to have a nice day and clear water. Just like
running in the Bahamas (or any area with clear water) you can read the deeper
areas by the color change.

Now I am almost always in a large power boat so most times I have the advantage
of a high bridge on my side.

And on days were the water is dirty or it is a bit rough you can many times
spot the deeper areas by the wave patterns and current rips.

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

Capn Willy

The Swash Channel lies closer to shore than the charts will show. You will
be able to see the yellowish/brownish shallow water to the west of the
channel. When going north, stay close to the pier and parallel the shore
for a 1/2 mile or so before venturing westward.

My boat draws 5' and we normally see no less than 6.5 to 7 feet.

Willy