Default St John, NB

I am planning a trip to St. John and up the river this summer and I am
wondering if there is somewhere in St. John, below the falls, that we can
lay over for a night. I am thinking that we may get into St. John and need
to wait for the tide to cross the falls.

Thanks

Ansley Sawyer
SV Pacem

On Jun 14, 4:49 pm, "Ansley W. Sawyer" wrote:
I am planning a trip to St. John and up the river this summer and I am
wondering if there is somewhere in St. John, below the falls, that we can
lay over for a night. I am thinking that we may get into St. John and need
to wait for the tide to cross the falls.

Thanks

Ansley Sawyer
SV Pacem

There are several yacht clubs outside the falls, Rothsay and Royal
Kennebecassis among them, and a public dock in the outer harbour below
the Delta Hotel, beside the Coast Guard dock and it's yard full of
bouys, with pedway walking to the farmer's market, etc. They are noted
on the charts. Nearby, the oldest general store in New Brunswick is
open to the public, though not for trade, an heritage display. Lots to
do in St. John while you wait.

Inside the falls, there are public docks every 10 miles or so and
marinas to boot up the river. Check out Douglas Harbour in Grand Lake
and Gagetown. Stop in for pie at Cambridge Narrows in Lake Washdemoak.
Some of the public docks are at the end of gravel roads out in the
countryside, deserted.

What draught are you?

You may contact me for any assistance I can give. My cottage is just
above Evandale. You can use the publick dock there, next to the cable
ferry, but the Everliegh Hotel is now closed for want of traffic. Do
drop in for a shower or laundry!

Terry K

Terry K wrote in news:1181864702.368391.119170
@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Do
drop in for a shower or laundry!

I have this hilarious picture of Terry looking out his door and a line of
yachties carrying towels and shaving equipment or big bags of dirty laundry
going all the way across his yard and down the dock where dingys are rafted
up 6 deep on both sides....(c;

Make a great boater cartoon!....lots yachts on the hook out away from the
dock....His missus scowling with her hands on her hips bitching, "Do drop
in for a shower or laundry, he says, eh?!"

Larry
All in good fun. We'll bring our own soap!

Big John Gordon General 3 September 27th 04 01:02 AM
Toss your Spanish Olives overboard! Capt.American ASA 20 April 6th 04 06:56 PM
Trip account-long John Cairns ASA 11 April 2nd 04 06:10 PM
OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
) OT ) Bush's "needless war" Jim General 3 March 7th 04 07:16 AM