Default Boat insurance in the Gulf States

If you have anything over 30', is virtually impossible to obtain IME.

Molesworth

On Jun 5, 11:42 am, Molesworth wrote:
If you have anything over 30', is virtually impossible to obtain IME.

Molesworth

Funny, I just renewed the policy for my Krogen 42 in the Galveston Bay
area, with named storm insurance. Pricy, but easy to get. Shop around.

In article .com,
Keith wrote:

On Jun 5, 11:42 am, Molesworth wrote:
If you have anything over 30', is virtually impossible to obtain IME.

Molesworth

Funny, I just renewed the policy for my Krogen 42 in the Galveston Bay
area, with named storm insurance. Pricy, but easy to get. Shop around.

How old is your boat? Mine is 'over 10 years'...

Molesworth
Ed Ed is offline

1991 Ocean 48

$9500/year Up from $1500 in 2000, 3500 in 2002, 6500 in 2005

Cheaper to charter!!!!

Ed wrote:
1991 Ocean 48

$9500/year Up from $1500 in 2000, 3500 in 2002, 6500 in 2005

Cheaper to charter!!!!

Based on my insurance rate, and the agreed value
of my boat, I'd say that the insurance company
expects to lose 1 boat for each 28 they insure
each year.

Based on that and your $9500/year I'd make a WAG
that you have that '91 Ocean 48 insured for about
$260K. Is that close?

Don W.

"Don W" wrote in message
et...
Ed wrote:
1991 Ocean 48

$9500/year Up from $1500 in 2000, 3500 in 2002, 6500 in 2005

Cheaper to charter!!!!

Based on my insurance rate, and the agreed value of my boat, I'd say that
the insurance company expects to lose 1 boat for each 28 they insure each
year.

Based on that and your $9500/year I'd make a WAG that you have that '91
Ocean 48 insured for about $260K. Is that close?

Don W.

Holy wah! So if you just save the money, and invest it safely without
touching principle or interest, every 28 years you could just buy a brand
new boat. Probably more often than that, but I don't feel like doing the
math.

On Jun 5, 10:42 am, Molesworth wrote:
If you have anything over 30', is virtually impossible to obtain IME.

Molesworth

Last week I renewed my policy with Progressive Insurance for my 46'
Beneteau. Agreed coverage is $230k. Policy was $1300, and that
includes a $6000 claim I had with them two years ago. Boat is reg. in
Houston, Tx.. Coverage includes down to Mexico, and out 75 miles away
from shore I believe.

Could not say enough positive things about that company.

In article om,
"Mark R." wrote:

On Jun 5, 10:42 am, Molesworth wrote:
If you have anything over 30', is virtually impossible to obtain IME.

Molesworth

Last week I renewed my policy with Progressive Insurance for my 46'
Beneteau. Agreed coverage is $230k. Policy was $1300, and that
includes a $6000 claim I had with them two years ago. Boat is reg. in
Houston, Tx.. Coverage includes down to Mexico, and out 75 miles away
from shore I believe.

Could not say enough positive things about that company.

Progressive website:

'We do not offer coverage on boats over 35''

:-(

Molesworth

Mark R. wrote:
On Jun 5, 10:42 am, Molesworth wrote:

If you have anything over 30', is virtually impossible to obtain IME.

Molesworth

Last week I renewed my policy with Progressive Insurance for my 46'
Beneteau. Agreed coverage is $230k. Policy was $1300, and that
includes a $6000 claim I had with them two years ago. Boat is reg. in
Houston, Tx.. Coverage includes down to Mexico, and out 75 miles away
from shore I believe.

Could not say enough positive things about that company.

Wow, that sounds like a deal! My boat is on
Matagorda Bay not too far south of Houston and my
insurance is almost as much as yours although my
86 Irwin 38 is worth less than 1/4 of what your
boat is insured for.

I think I'm going to give Progressive a call today.

Don W.

Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 7, 10:54 am, Don W
wrote:
Mark R. wrote:
On Jun 5, 10:42 am, Molesworth wrote:

If you have anything over 30', is virtually impossible to obtain IME.

Molesworth

Last week I renewed my policy with Progressive Insurance for my 46'
Beneteau. Agreed coverage is $230k. Policy was $1300, and that
includes a $6000 claim I had with them two years ago. Boat is reg. in
Houston, Tx.. Coverage includes down to Mexico, and out 75 miles away
from shore I believe.

Could not say enough positive things about that company.

Wow, that sounds like a deal! My boat is on
Matagorda Bay not too far south of Houston and my
insurance is almost as much as yours although my
86 Irwin 38 is worth less than 1/4 of what your
boat is insured for.

I think I'm going to give Progressive a call today.

Don W.- Hide quoted text -

You in Port O'Conner Don?

Nice place..Worked crewboats out of there for many years, Port Lavaca,
and Rockport, Aransas pass, Mansfield.

You know when coming in from offshore you have the right port because
the jetties look just like a wine bottle on radar ;0). Once I had a
deckhead get all his fingers chopped off...sucked into a turbo. Had to
run him into Port O'Conner for a waiting Medical helo.

He started going into shock about the time I hit the jetties. Lucky we
had a high tide because I ran the flats directly from the jetties to
the Port O'Conner ICW breakwaters. I only had 4 ft of water under a
140 ft boat that drew 7.5 ft sitting still. At night.

Joe