Larry W4CSC

Default Racing in the No-Wake Zone!

Boy, THAT got their attention!

I've spent all afternoon getting my free Yamaha 3 all ready for "Race
Day", only to discover its tired old impeller isn't impelling near
enough. I'll hit the parts department early and have water spraying
out all over by noon, I'm sure.

The free Yamaha 3 is powering my free Watertender 9.6 noone wanted
because it's too hard to store and other options just work better,
like the Folding Boat that replaced it.

I'm into serious money in this project already:
$28 - MinnKota tiller extension handle from Wally World
$4 - New NGK B6HS-10 spark plug
$4.99 - Master lock for transom mount
$2.99 - 2 gallon fuel can (the Yam 3 top fills at all the wrong times)
$32 - Two new Yamaha OEM transom mount screws with new handles
$14 - Aluminum/plastic oars
$6 - Brass cool looking oarlocks
$3 - Drain plug replacements for boat (not stock but installed by
someone)

This project, as you can see, is getting more expensive all the
time......just like any good boat project.....

But, it'll be worth it all to blast by the blowup dollies and their
fancy, new 4-strokers on "Race Day". So far there's 6 entries! One
guy threatens to put BOTH his 3hp outboards on his Zodiac.

Are marinas supposed to be this much fun?

Larry.....aboard Tess Tickles III

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Steve

I think I was the first to say "there is no such thing as a free boat".

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

I think I was the first to say "there is no such thing as a free boat".

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Wim

And....all your "_free_ time" that went into this project ;-)
Uh.........Larry.......... I forgot, it's a hobby! Yes?
--
c ya Wim
www.cruising.ca/thousand/f-index.html

:
[...]

Larry W4CSC

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:25:27 -0500, "Wim" wrote:

And....all your "_free_ time" that went into this project ;-)
Uh.........Larry.......... I forgot, it's a hobby! Yes?
--
c ya Wim
www.cruising.ca/thousand/f-index.html

New impeller installed....plenty of cooling water, now.

Pulling bowl off the carb to see why it runs better with the choke on,
next......Cute little motor with all the usual 2-stroke problems.

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Larry W4CSC

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:43:14 GMT, Dick Locke
wrote:

Pulling bowl off the carb to see why it runs better with the choke on,
next......Cute little motor with all the usual 2-stroke problems.

Found out it has not one, but TWO pulse-type, rubber diaphram fuel
pumps on Yamaha's parts webpage, tonight. Why does a motor with a
FLOAT carb and a TOP MOUNTED, gravity-feed gas tank have TWO fuel
pumps? Is this a gift to the service department adding failure
modes?? When you pick the motor up, the gas tank comes out on TOP of
it even more! It has no external fuel tank connector, so that's not
it. This is crazy....(c;

Well, I'll see if the stupid fuel pumps are pumping as it probably
won't fuel through them unless they are. There's no way to bypass
them. Yamaha idiots....same as my Waverunner in '97....dumb designed.

I think it's Japanese-designed. If the Japanese build a simple AM
table radio, it'll have to have a computer and 27 buttons on it to
adjust the volume....

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Fine for creating a wake: $27,500 JK General 93 December 10th 03 01:31 AM
For Sale: 26 ft aluminium racing yacht - £7,950 GBP jazz71 Cruising 0 November 1st 03 12:17 PM
Racing boats! Donna General 0 October 25th 03 11:25 PM
St. Johns River Becoming 1 Large Manatee Zone Capt. Frank Hopkins General 24 August 21st 03 03:48 AM