Ian Buzer

Default YSE12 - Difficult Starting when Hot

Hi,

We have an old YSE 12 engine. It runs well, and starting from cold is
no problem. However, occasionally we have had problems starting her
from hot. This occurs when the engine has been run for a few hours,
then is stopped for 10-15 minutes, then restarted. The engine spins
over fine, and almost catches, but never quite manages fire up.
Leaving it a few more minutes and trying again usually works, although
it is still a struggle.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Thanks
Ian
Lew Hodgett

"Ian Buzer" writes:

We have an old YSE 12 engine. It runs well, and starting from cold is
no problem. However, occasionally we have had problems starting her
from hot.

snip

When is the last time you had the injector and high pressure fuel pump
serviced?

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures