Default Right of way?

Now I know how the large commercial operators must feel some times.

I was motoring at five knots when a jet ski came roaring across my bow from
starboard at about full speed for those things. As he went by at 30 knots,
he screamed, "You %$#@* (reproductive reference) (feminine hygine
reference), I had the right of way!

Huh. Who ever heard of a jet ski operator even knowing that there was such a
thing? Our speed disparity was such that any course or speed alteration I
could have made wouldn't have significantly altered my status as an
essentially stationary object. His course was dead straight and the passing
distance wasn't any less than is typical for these buzz bombs.

Nice to know that one of these bozos has read a boating book though.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in news:465824d1$0$3244
:

he screamed, "You %$#@* (reproductive reference)

No shotgun aboard? They usually ski away fast when I come up from below
with the big Browning....(c;

I used to ski in a pack with others who love them. I still love them,
but realize I'm not gettin' any younger. We never wake jumped anyone's
boat without calling them on the radio to ask if it was OK. Our favorite
was tugboats in a hurry to get upriver, which creates a huge wake trying
to plane their displacement hulls. They monitor channel 10...(c; "Try
not to scratch the new paint.", one tugboat captain told me. He added
throttle to make the wave bigger. The trick is to jump off the bow wave
and try to land over the top of the next wave aft....without flipping
over or nosing in, of course....(c;

They know nothing of right-of-way.....another reason I call for mandatory
testing and licensing the hermits resist. If I can take his license, I
can take his life! The easy way would be to simply take his driver's
license from him. Of course, that would require real enforcement, not
just some flak-jacketed cowboys stopping everyone for no reason to check
their fire extinguishers...illegal search and seizure. They go for the
easy targets.

Wanna see 'em run? When they flip you the finger, give 'em a big smile
and shake your head up and down in a big YES! Now convinced you are a
flaming fag, they'll run for the horizon! Works great in the car,
too....(c;

Larry
--
Grade School Physics Factoid:
A building cannot freefall into its own footprint without

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

You complain about boardings being illegal search and siezure, while
advocating turning a RIGHT into a privilege?

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

You complain about boardings being illegal search and siezure, while
advocating turning a RIGHT into a privilege?

What "right", driving a boat? When did that become a "right"? If I have
a "right" to drive a boat, there's absolutely no reason to stop me from
doing so, fire extinguisher or not! Boating isn't a "right" on the
public's waterways no more than driving is a "right" on the public's
roads.

A cop can't stop you while you are driving your car legally just to snoop
into your trunk for his own edification. That's against my Bill of
Rights against illegal search and seizure...or it was Friday afternoon if
they haven't deleted it, yet. It is STILL illegal search and seizure for
a watercop, from whatever bureaucracy, to stop you for the same reason,
to snoop into your boat for no reason. Same Bill of Rights, as of Friday
afternoon.

It's bull****.....and illegal. My fire extinguisher has been
"inspected" 5 times in ONE day in the jetboat....how stupid.

Larry
--
Grade School Physics Factoid:
A building cannot freefall into its own footprint without
skilled demolition.

"Larry" wrote in message
"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

[...]

Actually, transporting oneself and one's private property upon the public
roadways is a right well-enshrined in our legal traditions, and recognised
by no less than the US Supreme Court in many decisions. Similarly, the
transportation of oneself and property upon the common waterways is also a
right. Engage in commerce using that property, and that right no longer
exists.

Somewhere along the way, the distinction between COMMERCIAL traffic and
private use became blurred, then obliterated.

You DO have the right to use your automobile on the public roadways, and the
right to use your boat on the public waterways, and the right to be free
from unreasonable searches and seizures in both cases. But until the sheeple
stand up for their rights en-masse, the nail that stands up will be hammered
down.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

You DO have the right to use your automobile on the public roadways,
and the right to use your boat on the public waterways, and the right
to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures in both cases. But
until the sheeple stand up for their rights en-masse, the nail that
stands up will be hammered down.

Try to explain that to the cop after you lost your license, not me...(c;

Larry
--
Grade School Physics Factoid:
A building cannot freefall into its own footprint without
skilled demolition.

Larry,,, you sure are quick to take a license when it is something you
don't like

{They know nothing of right-of-way.....another reason I call for mandatory
testing and licensing the hermits resist. If I can take his license, I
can take his life! The easy way would be to simply take his driver's
license from him. Of course, that would require real enforcement, not
just some flak-jacketed cowboys stopping everyone for no reason to check
their fire extinguishers...illegal search and seizure. They go for the
easy targets.}

Now .. let me see. If someone steals copyrighted material from another,
shouldn't that thief have his
license taken? I think so.

On May 26, 7:15 am, "Roger Long" wrote:
Now I know how the large commercial operators must feel some times.

I was motoring at five knots when a jet ski came roaring across my bow from
starboard at about full speed for those things. As he went by at 30 knots,
he screamed, "You %$#@* (reproductive reference) (feminine hygine
reference), I had the right of way!

Huh. Who ever heard of a jet ski operator even knowing that there was such a
thing? Our speed disparity was such that any course or speed alteration I
could have made wouldn't have significantly altered my status as an
essentially stationary object. His course was dead straight and the passing
distance wasn't any less than is typical for these buzz bombs.

Nice to know that one of these bozos has read a boating book though.

--
Roger Long

Nobody has the "right of way". You're a stand-on or give-way vessel.
Of course, you wouldn't expect a %^$^% jet ski operator to know
that. ;-)
Here's a solution:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...70/pwchelp.htm

"Keith" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

That's correct. Great link also. He's obligated to operate safely and to
avoid a collision.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com