Steve

Default Laptop with external power switch

My Toshiba Tecra 8000 docking station doesn't have a power switch.. The
laptop has a power switch but I sometime just close the screen down and let
the software timeout or I just hit the power button and put it in a sleep
mode. If I hold the power button longer, it turns off the whole thing.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Alan Gomes

Generally you can configure the laptop not to suspend with the lid closed.
At least I can do that with XP on my Dell Latitude.
--Alan Gomes

"Dick Locke" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:12:11 GMT, (Larry W4CSC) wrote:

PS, If you close a notebook computer to get it out of the way, IT GOES
TO SLEEP and The Cap'n STOPS sending data to the autopilot. Been
there, seen that....(sigh)

This hasn't been my experience, at least on my old laptop that I used
as a desktop for some weeks when the desktop was in the shop. Remote
keyboard, mouse, monitor and closed lid, ran all day.

Rufus

My old IBM has an external power switch. "Power management" is
configurable. Beware of heat build-up when choosing a home for
computers, especially when running with the lid closed.

Rufus