Dick Locke

Default Laptop with external power switch

On 12 Nov 2003 11:57:42 -0800, (SpamBait) wrote:

(Larry W4CSC) wrote in message ...

PS, If you close a notebook computer to get it out of the way, IT GOES
TO SLEEP and The Cap'n STOPS sending data to the autopilot. Been
there, seen that....(sigh)

This is a configurable option on many laptops.. you can navigate down
through a twisty maze of little menus, all alike, and find a checkbox
that says "stay awake when case closed" or words to that effect.

On my newish compaq, I found a screen that enables me to disable
hibernation. I left my newish Compaq running overnight and it did
hibernate sometime during the night even though the obvious power
management settings seemed to say "don't." I dug deeper and found a
"disable hibernation" setting and will try again tonight.