Rosalie B.

Default Bahamas sanitation

x-no-archive:yes

Messing In Boats wrote:

None of the cruising guides I bought for my upcoming trip to the Bahamas
tell me anything about whether I can use my macerator there. Of course
I'm not going to use it in anchorages or populated areas but are there
any regulations about this?

The only place I saw anything said about discharge was Highbourne Cay
marina basin where any discharge was forbidden. They also had no
pumpout and no shore toilets.

grandma Rosalie
Windjammer

Most of the boats have a Y-valve and just discharge wherever they happen to
be anchored - As a result it is unwise and likely unpleasant to take a swim
in most of those picturesque Bahama anchorages

"Frank Boettcher" wrote
When I picked up my boat in Abaco two summers ago I was told there
were no regs. , but it was appropriate to go to the middle of the Sea
of Abaco and grind and dump enroute. Seemed like a shame, such a
pretty place. We ended up going outside for a deep water sail and
dumped out there.

Frank Boettcher

When I picked up my boat in Abaco two summers ago I was told there
were no regs. , but it was appropriate to go to the middle of the Sea
of Abaco and grind and dump enroute. Seemed like a shame, such a
pretty place. We ended up going outside for a deep water sail and
dumped out there.