Default Donna deja vu?

I see Donna has just left Bermuda. I haven't been following the weather
recently. Is that big wild system Larry and others been talking about going
to move up her way and do it to her all over again?

--
Roger Long

On Wed, 9 May 2007 17:01:55 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I see Donna has just left Bermuda. I haven't been following the weather
recently. Is that big wild system Larry and others been talking about going
to move up her way and do it to her all over again?

If she's heading to New York it looks reasonably good for the next 6
days:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/CGI/ww3_l...rod=sig_wav_ht

Wayne.B inscribed in red ink for all to know:
wrote:

I see Donna has just left Bermuda. I haven't been following the weather
recently. Is that big wild system Larry and others been talking about going
to move up her way and do it to her all over again?

If she's heading to New York it looks reasonably good for the next 6
days:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/CGI/ww3_l...rod=sig_wav_ht

That's a VERY interesting website...

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

wrote:

I see Donna has just left Bermuda. I haven't been following the
weather recently. Is that big wild system Larry and others been
talking about going to move up her way and do it to her all over again?

If she's heading to New York it looks reasonably good for the next 6
days:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/CGI/ww3_l...rod=sig_wav_ht

That's a VERY interesting website...

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

Yes, very, very interesting!

Oh the questions.

I presume that vertical bar on the right is wave height in feet, not
meters. That would be a scary thought.

Do they have any other areas?

Can you zoom in or recenter on target areas?

I wonder what their accuracy rate is.

Howard

On Wed, 09 May 2007 21:26:31 -0400, Howard wrote:

I presume that vertical bar on the right is wave height in feet, not
meters. That would be a scary thought.

Yes, the scale is in feet.

Do they have any other areas?

Anywhere in the world:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/PUBLIC/WW3/index.html

Can you zoom in or recenter on target areas?

No

I wonder what their accuracy rate is.

Pretty good in my experience. I never go offshore on my boat without
checking first, and have never gotten any nasty surprises. The navy
has incredible resources and a strong vested interest in getting it
right.

Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2007 21:26:31 -0400, Howard wrote:

I presume that vertical bar on the right is wave height in feet, not
meters. That would be a scary thought.

Yes, the scale is in feet.
Do they have any other areas?

Anywhere in the world:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/PUBLIC/WW3/index.html

Can you zoom in or recenter on target areas?

No
I wonder what their accuracy rate is.

Pretty good in my experience. I never go offshore on my boat without
checking first, and have never gotten any nasty surprises. The navy
has incredible resources and a strong vested interest in getting it
right.

Thanks for the link.

I presume you know about this link?

http://www.nga.mil/portal/site/marit...c24fd73927a759

The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency where you can get all sorts
of useful info like Chart 1 and Bodwich - as a download.

"Howard" wrote in message
ervers.com...
wrote:

I see Donna has just left Bermuda. I haven't been following the
weather recently. Is that big wild system Larry and others been
talking about going to move up her way and do it to her all over again?

If she's heading to New York it looks reasonably good for the next 6
days:

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/CGI/ww3_l...rod=sig_wav_ht

That's a VERY interesting website...

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

Yes, very, very interesting!

Oh the questions.

I presume that vertical bar on the right is wave height in feet, not
meters. That would be a scary thought.

Do they have any other areas?

Can you zoom in or recenter on target areas?

I wonder what their accuracy rate is.

Howard

That site sent my IE7 into paroxysms of fear - red tags all over the place
"uncertified site" etc etc.
I'm going to do it again to really give it a heart attack.

On Thu, 10 May 2007 14:17:00 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

That site sent my IE7 into paroxysms of fear - red tags all over the place
"uncertified site" etc etc.
I'm going to do it again to really give it a heart attack.

Not to worry, just click OK.

wrote:

I see Donna has just left Bermuda. I haven't been following the weather
recently. Is that big wild system Larry and others been talking about going
to move up her way and do it to her all over again?

Looks like she arrived back in Bristol, RI today, all in one piece.

Amazing. I was beginning to worry about her.

She made it to RI.

I read an excerpt from a newspaper story about her. Seems she caused a bad
car wreck and a family died.
After that she couldn't get it together. Maybe guilt, whatever.

I wonder what she does now.

This is like watching a car race and you just know a wreck is about to
happen but not exactly when.