Default For the flat earth society members

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...14880320070401

chorus of "America the Beautiful" in the background
Now I'll grant you that these 2000 scientists from 120 countries are all
just a bunch of tax-sucking liberal parasites who love the Taliban more
than they love America, so feel free to ignore. Just hop into the
Escalade and drive the 2 miles over to the yacht basin, fire up those twin
diesels and go round and round the bay, marvelling at the topography of
your navel, while others look on, wishing they could be you!
/chorus of "America the Beautiful" in the background

*note: a comic book version of the report will be made available as well,
for those with "different" learning styles.

Let's see,,, almost April .. still too cold to paint. Snow on the ground.
Heat still on, and the heat bill is a killer..

And I'm suppose to care about someone in Africa? Or the Himalayas?

Oh,, you also forgot one thing. The government taxes the living **** out of
us on gasoline and other fuels.
Yet, the same government is telling us not to drive.

The same government that offers no public transportation.

There is sales tax on the Escalade, registration tax, etc. The yacht basin
is paying taxes through the nose.

And since the Captain is a fat pig, health care. We don't have any. Only
the rich have that, or .. the people working for the
GOVERNMENT THAT IS TAXING THE ESCALADE, THE YACHT BASIN, ETC.

F OFF. GO AWAY. ALL I WANT TO DO IS PAINT MY F'N BOAT.

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...14880320070401

chorus of "America the Beautiful" in the background
Now I'll grant you that these 2000 scientists from 120 countries are all
just a bunch of tax-sucking liberal parasites who love the Taliban more
than they love America, so feel free to ignore. Just hop into the
Escalade and drive the 2 miles over to the yacht basin, fire up those twin
diesels and go round and round the bay, marvelling at the topography of
your navel, while others look on, wishing they could be you!
/chorus of "America the Beautiful" in the background

*note: a comic book version of the report will be made available as well,
for those with "different" learning styles.

"NE Sailboat" wrote in

Oh,, you also forgot one thing. The government taxes the living ****
out of us on gasoline and other fuels.
Yet, the same government is telling us not to drive.

That same government, being paid to keep out tiny Eurocars and Asiacars
that get fantastic mileage by the Big Iron boys in Detroit, won't let me
buy a Smart Car from Mercedes or one of these simply amazing machines:

http://www.carver-worldwide.com/Home/Index.asp?nc=1

The roadblocks put up by the auto and oil company-controlled government
bureaucracy is why American can't buy a little car. They're not allowed
to, any more!

The Carver is a cross between a microcar and a motorcycle. This can't be
a "safety issue" because I'm allowed to buy an open motorcycle with 2
wheels and no protection from hundreds of companies....but I'm not
allowed to have a Carver, a motorcycle I can ride in the rain or cold
without freezing or getting wet. Carver, a Dutch company just starting
to build these, says it's too costly and complex to sell in America.
Many other companies agree. The stupids in Detroit, of course, can't
build a small car that doesn't fall apart. They can't build a big car
that doesn't fall apart, either. I have one of those.

Larry

mr.b wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...14880320070401

chorus of "America the Beautiful" in the background
Now I'll grant you that these 2000 scientists from 120 countries are all
just a bunch of tax-sucking liberal parasites who love the Taliban more
than they love America, so feel free to ignore. Just hop into the
Escalade and drive the 2 miles over to the yacht basin, fire up those twin
diesels and go round and round the bay, marvelling at the topography of
your navel, while others look on, wishing they could be you!
/chorus of "America the Beautiful" in the background

*note: a comic book version of the report will be made available as well,
for those with "different" learning styles.

The April fool posts again on his special day.

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...14880320070401

chorus of "America the Beautiful" in the background
Now I'll grant you that these 2000 scientists from 120 countries are all
just a bunch of tax-sucking liberal parasites who love the Taliban more
than they love America, so feel free to ignore. Just hop into the
Escalade and drive the 2 miles over to the yacht basin, fire up those twin
diesels and go round and round the bay, marvelling at the topography of
your navel, while others look on, wishing they could be you!
/chorus of "America the Beautiful" in the background

*note: a comic book version of the report will be made available as well,
for those with "different" learning styles.

My Highlander SUV gets 21mpg, my sailboat gets 24. It's 40 minutes from my
home to my marina. Continue the ad hominem attacks, Bubbie -- they're all
you've got.

KLC Lewis wrote:

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
[...]

I ran the boat out of gas last night!!!

And I just filled the tank up last June.
Three whole gallons!

That's better than 200 hours sailing (800 to 1000 miles?) on 3 gallons.
You do the math - I don't have that many fingers.

We sailed over to Bass Pro for dinner, but the mighty Briggs sighed
and quit about 20 feet from the slip. No gas anywhere over there.

Had to short tack like crazy to get out of the harbor(?) since the
wind (3 kts Maybe?) was almost straight down the cut.
Took almost 20 minutes to cover 100 yards.

But - having fun her, Boss!

Richard

"mr.b" wrote in news
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...14880320070401

Global warming could do all those things......

But, alas, because HUMANS do not cause global warming, the sun does,
there's nothing you can do about it.

Your rant about the boats means nothing. If you think hydrocarbons cause
global warming, you have the wrong targets. Delta Airlines burned 9.6
BILLION gallons in 2005. Their head fuel purchasing agent revealed this
on Bloomberg TV while discussing ticket prices and the company's stock
price. This is ONE airline. Step one is to ground all wasteful jet
airplanes. Business can use teleconferencing instead of jets.

It won't help global warming, of course, but the air will be VASTLY
cleaner! Am I the only one who noticed how BLUE the sky was in the week
following 9/11/2001 when they were all grounded??

Yachts consume an infintesimal percentage of fossil fuel use because
there are so few of them....and the ones there are, only a tiny
percentage of those ever put to sea. We call them "dock condos". Dock
Condos produce less hydrocarbons than regular condos.

Larry

Larry wrote:
"mr.b" wrote in news
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...14880320070401

Step one is to ground all wasteful jet
airplanes. Business can use teleconferencing instead of jets.

Teleconferencing doesn't work. I don't get frequent flyer miles for
teleconferencing.

alt.sailing.asa - stagnant and girlified Paladin ASA 5 December 27th 06 02:24 AM
Wisdom and Truth Bluto ASA 11 March 31st 06 07:19 PM
Bill Moyers on environment, politics and Christian fundamentalists [email protected] General 1852 April 5th 05 11:17 PM
Lunatic Tides Gould 0738 General 0 July 14th 04 01:21 AM
Just How Safe Do You Feel? Doug Kanter General 34 July 13th 03 06:14 PM