Courtney Thomas

Default can a Universal M4-30 be hand cranked ?

If yes, how, please ?

Thank you.
--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny

Keith

Check out http://www.startwell.com/

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message

If yes, how, please ?

Thank you.
--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny

Gordon Wedman

Do you have a compression release lever and a "socket" on the front of the
crankshaft pulley where a hand crank would connect? If you have these
features the engine is probably designed for hand cranking.

The normal procedure is to get someone to hold down the compression release
while you get the engine spinning as fast as you can using the hand crank.
Let the compression release go and hopefully the engine starts. I imagine
you would have to experiment a bit with the throttle
setting.

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message

If yes, how, please ?

Thank you.
--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny
lying Oriental, NC

Njord

See no way to do it on our M-40.

--

Njord

"Lord, your sea is so big, and my boat is so small"

Anonymous