Default Where to register my boat?

On Mar 20, 2:02 pm, Larry wrote:
Molesworth wrote in news:ukmole-
:

My (US) wife is also getting a UK passport.

I screwed up in 1979 when I was in Tehran and the Shah was about to be
deposed. The British Embassy offered to get us British passports to
deflect Iranian radicals who hate Americans, a sort of diversion.

I wish I had taken them up on the offer. They even said it was renewable.

Hindsight is 20/20.....nuts.

Another offer came from the Canadians, too.

Larry
--
"Not me, Mate! I'm British! See, here's my passport."

ugh. just go reg it in the south pacific. And enjoy I really doubt
Tonga is gonna hassle you.

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:31:45 -0500, Molesworth
wrote:

Bought a 41' Morgan in Ft Myers and, because I took it out of state (to
Louisiana) it has been de-registered from US database.

I am English and want to go to Cuba (amongst other places in the
Caribbean) so thought of registering the boat in UK, even tho I live
permanently in NOLA to avoid the hooha by US Homeland Security etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a downside to this idea?

It's a small matter, but now is the time to decide one way or t' other.

There are a lot of boats here in south Florida documented in the
Cayman Islands and the BVI. Call a boat broker in Miami or Ft
Lauderdale (there are hundreds). They can recommend a documentation
agent that knows how to get it done.