Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default West Marine web site login troubles

Hi,

Since about last August ('06) i have not been able to use the West
marine website.

When i try to login, it seems to accept the username/pwd and puts me
into the selection of 'edit profile', 'shopping cart', etc. yet i'm
not
logged in. When i go to actually update my profile, for example, i go
back to the login page again. if i enter my name/pwd, it then goes to
the add new user page.

Has anyone had problems with the WM site (other than it's so slow) ??

I have contacted them repeatedly through email and the 800 number at
customer service. They say they are going to look into it, or forward
my complaint to tech support (IT). I even got an email from an IT
person once. Still no follow through from them.

I have added WM as a trusted site in IE7, and have IE security set to
low for trusted sites. Still no joy. I deleted all cookies too and no
joy.

I am apalled at the lack of support from WM as i spend (or used to)
over $2000/yr there. I tried calling their VP of IT and got no
callback.

I have no problems with any other web commerce site like Defender,
NorthernTool, Amazon, etc.

Any ideas on how i might fix this myself?

tnx,
paul