Default Canadian insurance

I have insurance that I'm quite happy with except that the company doesn't
cover Canadian waters. Last I asked a couple years ago, other US companies
wouldn't provide coverage for Canada unless they provided the base domestic
coverage. Does anyone familiar with the Canadian insurance situation know
whether it would be possible to get coverage for Canada only from a company
up there?

If anyone knows of a US company that would provide a separate policy for
Canada, I'd also like to know.

--
Roger Long

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:03:28 -0500, Roger Long wrote:

I have insurance that I'm quite happy with except that the company doesn't
cover Canadian waters.

Roger...it's the damn beavers. The g@#$%%mn things will chew just about
anything. But most of all, they just love them American tourists in thur
big shiny boats. The little suckers don't care if it's wood, GRP,
aluminium or steel. You drop anchor and the little *******s'll have
you on the bottom and your boom for their dam before you can say
Saskatchewan. Your American insurance types are wise. Come if you
must...you've been warned....

Roger,

I live in Pennsylvania and tried to get Canadian yacht insurance through
State Far. Since I have had both my house and my car through them I am
a preferred customer or some such nonsense. But, no good, would not do.

I did get a quite reasonable quote from these folks who are in Nova Scotia.

Howard

Roger Long wrote:
I have insurance that I'm quite happy with except that the company doesn't
cover Canadian waters. Last I asked a couple years ago, other US companies
wouldn't provide coverage for Canada unless they provided the base domestic
coverage. Does anyone familiar with the Canadian insurance situation know
whether it would be possible to get coverage for Canada only from a company
up there?

If anyone knows of a US company that would provide a separate policy for
Canada, I'd also like to know.

--
Roger Long

The situation as described to me by R. Schwartz, pres, of BoatUS,
is one of licensing. He told me, that they could insure me only if I
had a US address. Try St. Paul Ins. They were the underwriters who
issued mine through CSPS. It covered NS to Fla.

Jan Jan is offline

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:03:28 -0500, "Roger Long" wrote:

I have insurance that I'm quite happy with except that the company doesn't
cover Canadian waters. Last I asked a couple years ago, other US companies
wouldn't provide coverage for Canada unless they provided the base domestic
coverage. Does anyone familiar with the Canadian insurance situation know
whether it would be possible to get coverage for Canada only from a company
up there?

If anyone knows of a US company that would provide a separate policy for
Canada, I'd also like to know.

I think a lot will depend on where you want to sail in Canadian waters. My
policy covers all the Great Lakes, rivers and canals of NY and part of the
St.Lawrence. I suspect coverage will depend on what area you wish to travel.

Jan
"If you can't take a joke,you shouldn't have joined"

On Feb 17, 8:03 pm, "Roger Long" wrote:
I have insurance that I'm quite happy with except that the company doesn't
cover Canadian waters. Last I asked a couple years ago, other US companies
wouldn't provide coverage for Canada unless they provided the base domestic
coverage. Does anyone familiar with the Canadian insurance situation know
whether it would be possible to get coverage for Canada only from a company
up there?

If anyone knows of a US company that would provide a separate policy for
Canada, I'd also like to know.

--
Roger Long

Last I asked a couple years ago, other US companies
wouldn't provide coverage for Canada unless they provided the base
domestic
coverage.

This is hilarious!!! Leave it up to insurance companies to screw you
WHATEVER way they can.....LMAO!!!!!