bruce

Default varnish thinner question

I have some Epithane varnish that I want to thin.. the thinner from
Epithane says that it is a distilled mineral spirits. What does that
cross over to at home depot?
Thanks
Bruce
Jack Rye

Here is your answer to for home depot
www.kleanstrip.com
Product name: Premium Odorless Mineral Spirits
Product # MS-44

Jack

"bruce" wrote in message
om...
I have some Epithane varnish that I want to thin.. the thinner from
Epithane says that it is a distilled mineral spirits. What does that
cross over to at home depot?
Thanks
Bruce

LaBomba182

Subject: varnish thinner question
From: Horace Brownbag

Turpentine might work, but I can't stand the smell....and I don't know
if some of the aromatics would goof up the Epithane.

I've been using turpentine in Epithane for years. Works fine.

Capt. Bill
yes

Use mineral spirits or odoless if you want to pay double. The slight
odor s gone on drying.

Use some or all naptha for faster solvent flash off on vertical
surfaces.

On 17 Oct 2003 14:44:36 -0700, (bruce) wrote:

I have some Epithane varnish that I want to thin.. the thinner from
Epithane says that it is a distilled mineral spirits. What does that
cross over to at home depot?
Thanks
Bruce

Don W

Look for the cheap blue and silver cans down in the solvent
section of the paint aisle. Then read the label. It is the
same thing that I used to clean my airless when shooting
non-water soluable paint.

It comes in two labels.

1) Paint thinner (read the label, its usually mineral spirits.)
2) Mineral Spirits (for some reason usually cheaper).

Good luck,

Don W.

"bruce" wrote in message
om...

I have some Epithane varnish that I want to thin.. the thinner from
Epithane says that it is a distilled mineral spirits. What does that
cross over to at home depot?
Thanks
Bruce

Varnish Question WWagner406 Boat Building 6 April 4th 04 05:39 AM
new can for Z-Spar Captains 1015 varnish? paul martin Boat Building 0 September 29th 03 10:24 AM
Hippo Oil varnish fc Boat Building 0 September 13th 03 07:13 AM
user of varnish remover on teak Dave Cruising 4 July 28th 03 01:49 PM
The mythology of varnish Don White General 0 July 21st 03 03:37 PM