Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default A Call To Arms (or, getting the heck out of Dodge, revisited)

A Call To Arms (really brief)

I have intentionally left out the Island Packet Group from this mail
distribution, as there's currently an argument brewing there, about
anyone
accepting help from others, but...

We're outta here, as you know from the latest stuff. However, there's
a few
patches we need to do.

Many people have offered to help, directly, in our rebuild. We hope
to be
the beneficiary of that in St. Pete. However, for the immediate
term,
there's some patching to do before we get in the water to head home.

For the next 4 days (through the weekend), anyone who has the
willingness to
help with the grinding and application of fiberglass is solicited to
hang
out with us at Keys Boat Works in Marathon. Inexperience is not a
factor,
as there's plenty of hold/hand-to type stuff to do in this process.

I've not yet been to the office to confirm, but we expect to be put in
the
water on a rising tide (the better to clear the shallows in the ICW on
the
way out) on Monday. We'd go today, but there's too much to do to
accomplish
it in one day (launch Friday), unless there were already a cadre
ready
today.

And, as an update of sorts, many knowledgeable folks have written with
their
own boats' stories. It appears very certain that we will be quite
secure to
do minimal repairs, addressing other stuff later, as we are able.

So, we're getting back on the horse as soon as it's back in the barn.

Even if you're not one of the ones who'd offered, thanks for your
support.
We can't adequately express how blessed we are to be surrounded by
the
protection of the cruising community.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2 Disaster link: http://ipphotos.com/FlyingPig.asp
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
See our galleries at www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery!
Follow us at http://groups.google.com/group/flyingpiglog and/or

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain