Default Flying Pig Damage Photos

My spies in Marathon provided me with some photos of the damage to Flying
Pig. You can find them at

http://www.geoffschultz.org/Flying_Pig/index.html

It doesn't look too bad from the outside, but who knows what structural
damage lurks inside. Skip did a nice job with the boat. What a shame.

-- Geoff

P.S. You might want to peruse some of the rest of the site as there tons
of information on the majority of the Caribbean.

Hi Geoff,

I spent a little time perusing your website. I
especially liked your photos.

It looks the Flying Pig should be easily
repairable. Even if there is interior bulkhead
damage, it shouldn't be that hard to fix. It's
just fiberglass.

In the meantime, if funds are a problem, Skip and
Lydia may have to rent an apartment and work for a
few months to replenish the kitty, but that is a
minor speed bump in life. Here's wishing them the
best for a continuation of their cruising dream.

Don W.

Geoff Schultz wrote:
My spies in Marathon provided me with some photos of the damage to Flying
Pig. You can find them at

http://www.geoffschultz.org/Flying_Pig/index.html

It doesn't look too bad from the outside, but who knows what structural
damage lurks inside. Skip did a nice job with the boat. What a shame.

-- Geoff

P.S. You might want to peruse some of the rest of the site as there tons
of information on the majority of the Caribbean.

Definitely looks better than I feared. I went down to Sarasota for a
weekend to help Skip pull some old equipment out of the engine room and do
some work in the bilge and know she is built solid. That abraded area on
the hull looks to be right at the sole in the salon area and the floors are
strong so hopefully there was not to much flexing. There is a U shaped
dining area on that side that may have to come out if there is any major
structural problem. At least all the electrical is on the other side.
Removing the rudder shouldn't be to hard. The stock comes up under the aft
berth so once you take off the mattress and cover there is plenty of room
to get to the quadrant.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
My spies in Marathon provided me with some photos of the damage to Flying
Pig. You can find them at

http://www.geoffschultz.org/Flying_Pig/index.html

It doesn't look too bad from the outside, but who knows what structural
damage lurks inside. Skip did a nice job with the boat. What a shame.

-- Geoff

P.S. You might want to peruse some of the rest of the site as there tons
of information on the majority of the Caribbean.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Schultz
My spies in Marathon provided me with some photos of the damage to Flying
Pig. You can find them at

http://www.geoffschultz.org/Flying_Pig/index.html

It doesn't look too bad from the outside, but who knows what structural
damage lurks inside. Skip did a nice job with the boat. What a shame.

-- Geoff

P.S. You might want to peruse some of the rest of the site as there tons
of information on the majority of the Caribbean.
While photos can be deceiving, it looks like it could have been way worse.
Capt. Bill

600 Photos of canoe construction [email protected] General 2 December 4th 05 01:22 AM
Update on Marina Damage -- FL Coasts anchorlt Cruising 0 September 24th 04 08:03 PM
Logo contest! Skip Gundlach Cruising 25 June 1st 04 08:56 PM
Help Photos wanted of the North Alps Peter Knowles UK Paddle 0 January 19th 04 03:06 PM