Default Trying to decide on a boat...

In article .com,
"Bob" wrote:

On Feb 9, 5:47 pm, druid wrote:

OK,
First it was a Catalina 27. Then, an Ericson 27. Now, I'm considering
Islander 28 or Crown 28.

So... any thoughts?
druid

Sure.............. search this board for "Skip Gundlach." He took a
year and surveyed 100s of vessels all over the US logging an
incredible amount of vessel data befor making his final decision. I
bet he has some good ideas about which boat is reqired for costal
crusing and what a skipper needs to know.

I was one of the first who talked with Skip -- before he actually
started his search. Though I've not met him except online, I consider
him a friend and am devastated by his recent setback.

Another source of a similar search, though his ultimate choice differed:
http://cruisenews.net/index.php He eventually chose a Tanzer, but his
search results remain as a beacon for other searchers.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's NEW Pages: http://web.mac.com/jerelull/iWeb/Xan/
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 10, 1:48 pm, Jere Lull wrote:

I was one of the first who talked with Skip -- before he actually
started his search. Though I've not met him except online, I consider
him a friend and am devastated by his recent setback.

I too follwoed with great interest his boat search, later refit, and
recently crash............ I would think Skip is most likley the
safest salior around................... now. One very luck couple. He
seems like a can-do-guy that will be back at it again.

One of the many positive ouctcomes from all this, besides there
safety, they certaily have pounded home some very important lessons to
the rest of us.
Bob

Our BVI FAQs (290+ pics)http://homepage.mac.com/jerelull/BVI/- Hide quoted text -