Default Flying Pig News 2/8/07 2200Z

I just got off a Skype phone call with Skip, who's aboard Flying Pig
and is getting ready to tie up for the night at Keys Boat Works in
Marathon. While the bilge pumps are on, they haven't been on
constantly. There are no visible "holes" in the hull, although there
are obvious stress cracks, and some leaking going on.

Skip said that watching the boat being hauled back to level was so
moving he was in tears; one of the reasons why I didn't want to be
there. I didn't think I could handle it. Needless to say, the cost
of having the boat salvaged costs the first five years of a mortgage
payment and the education of two children; it still remains to be seen
how the insurance company will assess the damage, but we are hopeful
that we haven't lost her. Despite his great fatigue, Skip was
sounding much better when we spoke.

I have to tell you that the outpouring of love and concern, support
and help from our newsgroup readers, 90% of whom we've never met in
person before, has been absolutely overwhelming and staggering to us
both. We haven't felt alone during this period because we feel you all
out there, and I can't thank you enough. We had no idea how many true
friends we've got and I know for a fact that we are the most blessed
people on this earth that I know of Thanks to you all for all your
warm mail and offers; we are doing well, and hopefully better by the
hour as we learn more about our position. I don't have any
fingernails left and I've about twirled my hair out of my scalp, but
I'm really feeling hopeful as I write.

OK - this is the last mail tonight, but I'll keep you posted as we get
the updates from the boat yard. If any of you are in the Marathon
area going forward, I hope we'll be back near the boat and preferably
on the boat, our beloved home, very soon.

God Bless you all -

Love, Lydia and Skip

..GIF at 11
Larry
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry
[...]

At least the news is starting to sound better. Hopefully the "Pig" is not tweeked to badly and will be up and sailing soon.

Hang in there you two. There are a lot of positive thoughts directed your way.
Capt. Bill