Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Canada? Take off, eh?

Well, even here in Hawaii it's winter and while we are working hard on
chuffing the cruising kitty we are also dreaming about the next voyage.
Among the candidates is a passage leaving here Mayish and arriving
somewhere between Ketchikan and Seattle late May or early June. This
is an area of the world which I have no experience in and I'm
soliciting general advise. I'm particularly curious about the
specifics of entering Canada from the US on a US documented,
non-commercial boat with two US citizens. I presume that we could do
it the usual way and get a port clearance from here to a major customs
port in Canada. However, particularly in the Vancouver Island area it
seems like one would have to sail past a lot of good looking cruising
grounds to get to a customs port. A fellow cruiser told me that a
friend of his had been allowed to check in someplace around Quatsino
Sound (maybe Winter Hbr?)... Can this have been legal?

-- Tom.

Canada's health care crisis Scott Weiser General 663 December 31st 10 01:32 PM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 March 20th 06 05:33 AM
Which cities have ocean access? Aimee Shimlis Cruising 15 November 21st 05 10:37 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Oh Canada! Bob Crantz ASA 0 July 17th 04 03:32 PM