Default Opinion, Recommendation, Good ideas, Where to purchase material... CANVASS PROJECTS

Just bought my first sewing machine. An old metal machine. I am planning
on doing some canvass projects for my sailboat.

The reason I purchased the machine and got started on this is Don Casey.
He, in his many books, recommends doing numerous canvass projects as part of
any refit, etc.

Since I am a complete novice, if you have had experience with canvass
projects such as cockpit awnings, etc .. could you pass on some thoughts.
What worked, what didn't. Where did you purchase your material? Sunbrella?
How much should the Sunbrella cost me?

I looked on Ebay and there is much Sunbrella for sale. Is this the same
material as the more expensive priced goods I see other places?

If you have any good plans, or layouts, or know where I can get them?

Canvass, Sunbrella. Sails.. ??

I am starting out.

Thanks

The Trolling Stops HERE Capt. Rob ASA 30 October 27th 05 09:11 PM
Who would be upset at a cartoon of Thor? Doug Freyburger ASA 0 October 19th 05 10:21 PM
bertie the bunyip versus bob wald Limey ASA 0 October 13th 05 04:26 PM