posted to uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

Default Ice covered boats slide show....

A girlfriend of mine who lives in Paris sent me a Power Point slide show that's sort of
a French joke about a sudden unexpected ice storm they had in Europe. It has some awesome
pictures of boats covered up with thick ice. Some are even sunk at the docks by it.
I couldn't open it at first. But Microsoft has a free Power Point reader you can download
to read it if you don't have Office on your computer. I only have Works. You can just google
Power Point reader and find it that way. The reader is free and it works great.
Anyway, here's the link: http://www.badongo.com/file/2059539 You only have to put
the code numbers in the box and it will ask you where you wanna download it to. Just put it
on your desktop unless you'd rather put it someplace else. But put it where you can find it
when it's done downloading. Don't worry, there's no virus in it. I checked it before I
opened it myself.

Cheers,
Ellen

Ellen MacArthur wrote:

[...]

Don't care to see it.

I live near Dallas and had to chip an inch of ice off my decks last
week!

cavelamb himself wrote:

Don't care to see it.

I live near Dallas and had to chip an inch of ice off my decks last
week!

I live in the midwest. This year it reminds me of the winter scenes in
Dr. Zhivago.

posted to uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

"cavelamb himself" wrote
I live near Dallas and had to chip an inch of ice off my decks last
week!

That's nothing. These boats have more than a foot of ice on them. Some are
sunk by the weight of it.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats

I wonder if that is "The" Ellen MacArthur or just someone pretending to be
her.

It would be quite the honor to have the real one grace us with her presence.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I wonder if that is "The" Ellen MacArthur or just someone pretending to be
her.

It would be quite the honor to have the real one grace us with her
presence.

--
Roger Long

I've been wondering the same thing, but didn't see much point in asking. The
message header looked like it may have been forged.

Roger Long wrote:
I wonder if that is "The" Ellen MacArthur or just someone pretending to
be her.

It would be quite the honor to have the real one grace us with her
presence.

In love again, eh Roger?
Gordon

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I wonder if that is "The" Ellen MacArthur or just someone pretending to be
her.

It would be quite the honor to have the real one grace us with her
presence.

--
Roger Long

Yeah, instead of a Neal pretending to be a woman.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I wonder if that is "The" Ellen MacArthur or just someone pretending to be
her.
It would be quite the honor to have the real one grace us with her
presence.
Roger Long

The grammar doesn't ring true for a Derbyshire lass.

Whoever posted, the photos are worth seeing.

Graham.