just me

Default You are all wrong about the Fischer Panda author

Despite all the slamming and flaming I, for one, appreciate the information
from Bob.

I looked at pretty much every generator on the market and ended up with the
FP4200 plus because it was the only one that would fit in the space
available. It now has about 50 hours on it and has performed well. I was
surprised to learn that the generator itself is raw water cooled while the
engine is freshwater cooled. Also didn't realize until after I had the unit
that there is no battery charging capability in the genset.

The installation instructions left alot to be desired and FP said they are
in the process of correcting that. I also get the feeling that they are
working on re-designing several of their gensets.

Thanks, Jay

SkitchNYC

Geoff,

Good luck in your campaign and I hope you have success with it. Ignore the
rantings of so-called "Capt RB" Bobsprit. He is neither a captain nor an
experienced sailor, but rather a well-known and annoying usenet troll. He
usually posts in alt.sailing.asa and his experience is limited to several years
sailing a few miles from his marina on City Island, NY. He talks a lot, but
will quickly reveal his ignorance on any topic of substance.

Please let us know how your trials and tribulations with FP turn out. There
are several other marine product suppliers that should get the same treatment.
I think over time widespread dissemination of information, both positive and
negative, will drown out the misleading noise of people like RB and force
manufacturers to adhere to higher standards of customer service. Those that do
well should be praised and manufacturers should strive for this. Those that
produce inferior products and mislead customers shoudld be exposed.
SkitchNYC

Doug Dotson wrote:

Sorry, skipping over the posts that don't interest me does little
to recover the wasted bandwidth. It has already been wasted. As an ex-CEO
of an ISP company you, of course, know this.

This is incorrect. Don't download or open the thread and "presto" bandwith
saved.

But then, how many CEOs
actually know much about the technical end of what their company does?

This is ignorant. It is a completely misinformed assumption to state that CEOs
don't know the technical side of their products.

I suspect that by
now FP has gathered enough missinformation to slap you with a
libel suit when the time is right.

This is just plain funny. The truth is an absolute defense.

Doug, you should let the marketplace of information run without interfering.
If you don't care, don't tune in. I, for one, like to see a manufacturer held
to account.
EJBleendreeble

(Craig) wrote in message . com...
The author is
doing the right thing because it is his only way of telling the
company something is wrong and their product needs to be made better ....

I've been fortunate enough to be able to live in the US for more than
twenty-five years, but I'm still puzzled how few Americans seem to
understand how capitalism works.

The issue between Mr. Schulz and Fischer Panda ceased long ago to be
about principle. It's about money now, and who blinks first. I have
no idea whether Fischer Panda gensets are great or awful, but there is
a financial cost to F-P from having a disgruntled customer like Mr.
Schulz regardless of the quality of their products, and when that cost
outweighs the supposed merits of the case they'll give up. Every time
Mr. Schulz tells us about his ability to pursue this case financially,
every time he writes to this newsgroup, he puts more pressure on F-P
to settle. Personally, I'm surprised F-P hasn't already settled. A
dime to a dollar there's some high-up at F-P going apoplectic about
this matter and muttering, "Over my dead body ...." When that person
gives up, the matter will be resolved as follows:

Mr. Schulz will receive "adequate compensation." He will agree not to
disclose what this compensation is or any other terms of the
agreement. He will agree to remove his Web site and any and all other
material critical of F-P that he can. F-P will specifically refuse to
admit any deficiencies in the product, and Mr. Schulz will have to
concede that position. We will never find out what happened. In
particular, we will never know whether the product was or was not
defective.

There was a similar kerfuffle donkeys' years ago over Island Gypsy
trawlers, with an eye-opening Web site of photos showing the defects
of the customer's boat. It was settled in just this way, of course.

Capitalism, that's how she works.

E.J. Bleendreeble
http://www.casualsailor.com
Marc

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:49:23 GMT, "Geoffrey W. Schultz"
wrote:

e Oh my! I guess I should claim that Bob suffers
from delusional tenancies

Bob thinks he's a landlord?

(Bobsprit) wrote in
:

Bobsprit

I, for one, like to see a manufacturer held
to account.

Yes, but not when we don't have access to the facts. We don't and unless
someone finds out about the ACTUAL original installation, we won't.
The idea that FP should be blamed by default is unfare.

RB
Bobsprit

Good luck in your campaign and I hope you have success with it. Ignore the
rantings of so-called "Capt RB" Bobsprit.

Hey, Skitch. This is not alt.sailing.asa. Why not keep the talk serious here?

RB
Bobsprit

Those that
produce inferior products and mislead customers shoudld be exposed.

Only if there is REAL proof that said products exist.
NOT because we "read it on the web."

RB
Bobsprit

Good luck in your campaign and I hope you have success with it.

Why wish him luck when you don't truly know who's to blame?
RB
SkitchNYC

Good luck in your campaign and I hope you have success with it. Ignore the
rantings of so-called "Capt RB" Bobsprit.

Hey, Skitch. This is not alt.sailing.asa. Why not keep the talk serious here?

I was.