Default WORMS!!!

Hey, Skip:

If this is the "Swen.A" e-mail virus, you probably have avoided
infecting yourself and now just have to deal with 200 variants of
"Microsoft Security Patch Yada Yada" per hour.

I would suggest relieving the strain on your ISP's mail server by
getting a free program called "E-mail Remover" (yeah, it's
straightforward). You can use it to access your SMTP quota and to
permenantly delete all that 150 K spam chunks.

Then get an e-mail client with subject line filters to block the
recurring words in this spam/virus.

Works for me,

R.

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:29:02 GMT, "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

Howdy...

You'll note that my 'mailto' and reply addresses are a uga address. That's
a forwarding from my first account, which people going back into the early
80s have, so I've kept it alive as a destination, and as a means of knowing
when a usenet communication is coming (via the account to which it's
posted). However...

Any of you desiring to communicate with me off-list should do so at (my
name, all one word) @earthlink.net. That's because...

One or more of the newsgroups in which I participate has one or more who
have been infected with the current MS worm, and it's overloading my mailbox
with 150k messages at the rate of a couple hundred an hour.

So, I've blocked the engr.uga address, which will bounce all mail coming to
me through that address...

Yes, I'm protected, and no, it didn't come from me (or it wouldn't be going
to uga, as all my mail goes through either the mindspring or earthlink
servers). I do daily virus definition and other updates, and dump the
infected file automatically, so it never even gets opened in my local
computer - but it's overwhelmed my ISP server, and I'm perpetually over
quota!

We'll return you to your normal programming shortly :{))

L8R

Skip

Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!! jchaplain General 328 December 18th 03 06:19 PM
WORMS!!! Glenn Ashmore Boat Building 17 September 26th 03 11:18 AM
WORMS!!! Glenn Ashmore Cruising 12 September 23rd 03 11:35 PM