Default Catalina 27 - interiors?

Hi, group.

It's finally time: I want to get a Catalina 27. I feel it's pretty much
the ideal small cruiser for Georgia Strait. I'd like to hear stories,
get tips, info, etc. just as "fuel for fantasy" before I get it, and
I'm sure there's lots out there, since it's one of the most popular
models in the world. I'm splitting my requests into 3 topics so they
don't get messed up.

This one is on interiors. I've always liked the "dinette" version
because it's similar to my old Cal 25, but now I'm thinking the settee
version might have more room. One problem I have with the settee
version is the galley: there's virtually no counterspace if you're
using the stove, and the icebox looks VERY hard to get to! Comments?
Which one do you have, and would you change it?

Also: modifications to the interior that make Life Easier: like I see
some that have reduced the hanging locker to add a bit more room, and
light from the forward window. And, this being the Canadian West Coast,
where would I put a heater?

druid
http://www.bcboatnet.org

Can't say for sure about the 27, but we have the dinette version of the
Catalina 30, and we like it much better than the fold-down table/sette
version. The table surface is smaller, but more functional with the
extra seating, and there's also more storage under the foreward seat.
With the narrower beam of the 27', I'm not sure how well the setup works.

Keith Hughes

RW Salnick wrote:
inscribed in red ink for all to know:

[...]

The heater...

I have a friend who had a Catalina 27 - there was a Wallas heater
mounted on the far aft bulkhead on the port side. The hot air was
plumbed into the main cabin and the fwd cabin. It worked great

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

Preparing a Catalina 27 for offshore Mic Cruising 2 June 10th 06 05:17 PM
Cheap Boat Face-Off Capt. Rob ASA 11 January 12th 06 03:25 PM
Sailing San Diego to Catalina bryan General 4 July 18th 04 10:27 AM
FS: Catalina 36 in NY, Great Boat! Bobsprit Marketplace 0 May 13th 04 04:47 PM