Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Catalina 27 - Cruising performance?

Hi, group.

It's finally time: I want to get a Catalina 27. I feel it's pretty much
the ideal small cruiser for Georgia Strait. I'd like to hear stories,
get tips, info, etc. just as "fuel for fantasy" before I get it, and
I'm sure there's lots out there, since it's one of the most popular
models in the world. I'm splitting my requests into 3 topics so they
don't get messed up.

This one is on performance. Not racing performance, cruising
performance. Like: what kind of speed can I expect under power with a
9.9 outboard? (assuming calm water, no wind, etc). How about under
sail: what can I expect for speed if I'm sailing fairly conservatively?
I'd like these numbers so I can estimate times to various locations (ie
find out what bays, etc. are "doable" in a day, 2 days, etc., or how
long will it take to cruise from Vancouver to Port McNeil?)

druid

Preparing a Catalina 27 for offshore Mic Cruising 2 June 10th 06 05:17 PM
Cheap Boat Face-Off Capt. Rob ASA 11 January 12th 06 03:25 PM
Cruising Links - online handbooks, logs, etc. Mic Cruising 0 September 4th 05 08:50 PM
Marchaj's conclusions in "Sail Performance ..." best cruising rig ? Courtney Thomas Cruising 6 August 10th 05 02:45 AM
Understanding Cruising (from rec.boats.cruising) Capt. Neal® ASA 5 April 8th 05 07:19 PM