Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Blue Sea fuse panel questions

I put a rather cheap fuse block in my boat and need to replace it because
the contacts don't have enough spring and the glass fuses actually don't
quite fit. Stuff goes off for no reason even though the fuses aren't blown.

I'd like to use one of the Blue Sea blade fuse blocks shown on this page:

http://www.bluesea.com/dept.asp?d_id=7463&l1=7463

however, my wiring goes from the old switch / breaker panel to the fuse
block and then to the loads. Looking at these fuse blocks, it appears that
they have one big fat wire going to a distribution bus and I can not
therefore provide individual positive feeds. I'd like to avoid the more
extensive rewiring and breaker panel surgery of putting the fuse block ahead
of the breaker panel.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to convert these to individual fuse
circuits? It looks like I might be able to remove the bus bar from the
version with the negative bus. Can anyone confirm this?

I might have to stick with the AGC fuses. Those fuse blocks look like they
would fit more easily into my current set up since the bus is separate. I'd
like to go to the blade fuses though. They are available with pilot lights
to show when a fuse blows and there's no breakage worry.

While we're on the subject, any opinions about AGC vs ATO/ATC?

Is there another fuse panel type I should be looking at?

--
Roger Long

Deep Blue Yacht Supply, Inc. unveils online storefront [email protected] Cruising 5 June 6th 06 04:48 AM
Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
Trolling motor = need fuse? n0sPaM General 21 July 31st 03 05:28 AM