Default Boat builders - research

We're looking for a trawler or motor yacth to live on and cruise.
Research says that there are several "makes" and "models" of boats
available that seem to fit our budget and anticipated cruising wants.
But its difficult to find info on what's good and what seems to have
problems. The brands in question include Defever, Marine Trader,
California Cruiser, Bestway, Chung Hwa, Beckmann, C&L, Bruce Roberts,
Pacific Trawler....

Makes one's head swim.

And there's a very wide variey of diesel engine models and manufacturers
with a wider range of hours of use. Twins and singles. I know each has
their advantage and we're still weighing that decision.

It seems obvious that a survey would be an important part of the
research on any given boat, but which builders do good live aboard and
cruising boats and which are among those with known issues that need to
be carefully considered?

We're not all THAT close to a purchase (probably in the next year to 18
months), but we want to start limiting the search.

Any help or information sources would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Bob Bob is offline

Cal Vanize wrote:
We're looking for a trawler or motor yacth to live on and cruise.
Any help or information sources would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Hi:

I've fell in love with the world's best motor boat. Especially when you
look at the initial purchas cost and operation cost over 10 years. If
you REALLY want a STOUT boat that can be fixed anywhere even by a
truck mechanic try this...........

Steel
10 years old
70'-80'
Gulf Shrimper
Cat 3412, 100% Continous Heavy Duty @ 20 GPH.
Lots of $800,000 boats for sale because of Katrina, imported shrimp
driving wild caught prices too low to make a living, and add high fuel
prices. The poor guys cant make a living. Plus all the other commercial
fisheries that might use such a vessel are failing too. Add to that the
Government Buy-Back program trying to rescue other fishers. It all adds
up to very cheep shrimpers. Im talking $130,000-150,000 for a near
million dollar boat!

Just Google: brokers "gulf shrimper"
Just emagine a boat so tough others scurried back to the dock in fear
of your steel plate and able to just shove the bow up onto the beach
and hop off. And somthing so simple anybody can fix
it................... not just a yacht yard at $65 plus/hr.
Bob

Bob Bob is offline

Cal Vanize wrote:
We're looking for a trawler or motor yacth to live on and cruise.

Try here for lots of great motor yachts.
Go to the drop down and select Fishing Vessel.

http://www.marcon.com/marcon2s.cfm?S...=20& PageID=8

Happy shopping !