Default Most People Will Never Know About Biodiesel

What kind of difference can the use biodiesel make when it comes to
changing the world for the better? Perhaps the biggest impact of the
use of biodiesel fuel instead of just plain diesel is on the human
health and the environment.
One of the biggest differences that biodiesel make is with regards to
smog. Using biodiesel actually reduces smog. Both unburned hydrocarbons
and nitrogen oxides in diesel fuel account for most of the particulates
in air pollution. When you use biodiesel product or homemade biodiesel
there is a substantial reduction of unburned hydrocarbons and if you
are using a blend that is right for your machine. Tests that have been
conducted according to EPA regulations have shown that the hydrocarbon
exhaust emissions that biodiesel are half that of that measured for
diesel fuel.
Can biodiesel make more energy? Unlike the burning of fossil fuels, the
burning biodiesel fuels actually gives back more energy to the
environment that it takes. Lifecycle studies of biodiesel production
show that for every unit of fossil energy it takes to manufacture ...
http://biodieselaa.blogspot.com/#

wrote in news:1164019084.574093.21320
@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

Can biodiesel make more energy? Unlike the burning of fossil fuels, the
burning biodiesel fuels actually gives back more energy to the
environment that it takes. Lifecycle studies of biodiesel production
show that for every unit of fossil energy it takes to manufacture ...
http://biodieselaa.blogspot.com/#

Biodiesel is expensive and unnecessary. I have one Frybrid-powered V-8
diesel in a 1989 Chevy-powered Union City Body stepvan, already. Check
out:

http://www.frybrid.com/

We have more FREE fuel within 10 miles of my house than three of us
pooling our resources can burn. You don't have to burn biodiesel at
twice the price of #2. Fuel is free if you're willing to go get it and
do a little filtering out the french fries from it.

I RECYCLE my fuel....(c;

PS - Living in the South USA, my two Mercedes diesel cars are running on
20% gasoline and 80% vegetable oil, at the moment. The gas lowers its
viscosity, even without the Frybrid heating it to 160F. It starts fine
down into the 40F range, so far. At some point, if my sample on the
porch shows its cloudy from being too cold, I'll simply drive one of the
other cars until the temperature rises.

So much for the biodiesel spam.....Fuel is FREE!

Larry
--
Halloween candy sure has dropped in price, lately!

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

With all the human misery and starvation on this planet, it seriously
bothers me that we are taking food and turning it into fuel, with the
intention of ramping-up the project exponentially. But then, that's just my
take on it.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message et...

Snip...Snip..
With all the human misery and starvation on this planet, it seriously bothers me that we are taking food and turning it into fuel,
with the intention of ramping-up the project exponentially. But then, that's just my take on it.

I agree, but I do support biodiesel, if it is made from
algae. Being a closed cycle carbon system would be helpful
until we can perfect other clean systems.

Widescale Biodiesel Production from Algae:
http://www.unh.edu/p2/biodiesel/article_alge.html

--

SeeYaa Harbin Osteen KG6URO

When American Citizens with dual citizenship pledges allegiance
to the flag, to which flag do they pledge allegiance too?

-

"Harbin Osteen" wrote in message

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

Snip...Snip..
With all the human misery and starvation on this planet, it seriously
bothers me that we are taking food and turning it into fuel, with the
intention of ramping-up the project exponentially. But then, that's just
my take on it.

I agree, but I do support biodiesel, if it is made from
algae. Being a closed cycle carbon system would be helpful
until we can perfect other clean systems.

Widescale Biodiesel Production from Algae:
http://www.unh.edu/p2/biodiesel/article_alge.html

--

SeeYaa Harbin Osteen KG6URO

When American Citizens with dual citizenship pledges allegiance
to the flag, to which flag do they pledge allegiance too?

Wow! Great link, thanks for that :-)

[...]

You don't need to buy biodiesel. You can make your own from used french fry
grease. It works in your engine after a little filtering and costs nothing
but the stuff to make it. It doesnt hurt the world food supply either even
if you buy biodiesel. More than enough farmers are being paid NOT to grow
food. If an energy company wants to buy vegetables from them to make the
stuff and the Gov't doesn't have to foot the bill for the sake of the economy,
then I say go for it. There is more than enough food and way more than
enough food potential. people that are starving in other countries just
aren't getting the food. There is no food shortage in this world there is a
food distribution problem.

Making your own Biodiesel is a little tricky but anybody that is smart enough
to care for a boat properly can definately learn. Most fast food joints
will give you the stuff for free and I have even heard of some offering to
pay a little for the "disposal" fee. Getting paid to take a fuel source
doesn't sound so bad to me. Being as we are talking about boats there may
need to be a few modifications if you want to go without any mixing with
regular diesel. Mostly that you will have to heat it a little to increase
viscosity in cold weather. This can be done in many ways but once it has run
for a while the engine itself heats the fuel. A battery operated heater
around the tank can do the trick. If this isn't an option then mix 50/50
with regular diesel to thin it out and you should be fine. There are no
harmful effects to your engine as diesel was originally designed to run this
way. The biggest drawback is that it smells a little like French Frys and
may make you hungry for burgers while sailing.

"scbafreak via BoatKB.com" u25927@uwe wrote in message

[...]

Sure, that works fine for about 5 people. What about the rest?

"scbafreak via BoatKB.com" u25927@uwe wrote in news:6997b20ed80a9@uwe:

Most fast food joints
will give you the stuff for free

There's around 230 gallons waiting for me to pick up for our little
Frybrid Oil Company in my Frybrid stepvan in the morning...(c; The oil
recycling company is really upset with us, now only doing one pickup per
month, instead of every 5 days. We ask the restaurants, mostly Chinese
food places, to pour it back into the 6 gallon plastic jugs, in their
protective boxes, it came in through a filter funnel we provide. We pick
up the jugs and store them in a warehouse one of the guys owns who has a
Mercedes 300SD for about a month to let the particulates that made it
through the filter funnel settle out into the bottom. Then, we pump the
oil off from 3" off the bottom of the jugs without moving them from their
spot, slowly through our home made filtration system (2 diesel fuel
filters and a gear pump). The outlet oil is as clear as a bell and is
pumped into the Main Drain, a couple of 55 gallon oil drums we store it
in until one of us needs to fill up. Our only cost will be filter
cartridges. The more settling we do, the less filter changing we'll do.

I only have the computerized unit on the stepvan. I also have two diesel
Mercedes cars, a '73 220D, naturally aspirated 4-cylinder and an '83
300TD turbocharged station wagon 5-cylinder...all are 4-strokers, of
course. The van is a 6.2L diesel V-8 from GM. Currently, here in the
WARMER South, I'm experimenting with something I got from another veggie
oil user on the net....simply mixing some regular gas with the oil to
thin it down and running it at normal temperature. 70 oil and 30 gas
worked great in the 220D. The 300TD wagon is running this week on 20 gas
and 80 oil just fine. It starts right up at 45-50F in the morning. I
have a glass jar of each mix sitting on the steps for a test reference to
watch for clouding as temperatures drop. If it gets cloudy, I simply
won't try to start that mixture until the outside temperature increases.
Once the engines are warmed up, the oil-gas is heated in the block-
mounted primary and injection pump. So far, I see no problems and no
coking on the injectors or glow plugs when I pull them....(c;

The Frybrid comes from www.frybrid.com for around 1600 dollars.

Larry
--
Halloween candy sure has dropped in price, lately!

In article 6997b20ed80a9@uwe, "scbafreak via BoatKB.com" u25927@uwe
wrote:

You don't need to buy biodiesel. You can make your own from used french fry
grease.

Only if you're one of very few in your particular area.

Half of the fuel Xan used last year was based on soy, not petro. The
only reason it wasn't 100% is because bio doesn't like cold temps much
and we only use a dozen gallons a year.

We can grow soybeans. Crude is a limited resource, though more plentiful
than the "chicken little"s would have us believe.

--
Jere Lull