posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Shame and debasement

"Gilligan" wrote:

It is unfortunate that the great and powerful mind of that Master
Mariner Capt Neal is not here to contribute further on this subject. I
am certain that he would add brilliant insight.

LP said in another ng that Capt. Neal sailed the boat single-handed. The
only thing he asked her to do was bring him a beer when she was getting one
for herself. She said she was too busy laying on the deck working on her
tan to mess around pulling on ropes. She did mention something about
helping him do something with his tiller...whatever that is!

blondie

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 02:01:12 +0000 (UTC), blondie
wrote:

"Maxprop" wrote in
ink.net:

My cousin is a physician with Mayo Health Systems in Austin, MN, the
home of Hormel (Spam). They actually have a Spam Museum there. You'd
love the place. I think you can sample the product after the tour.

Look at this! Maxipad "the king of the hypocrites" is cross-posting and
is off topic to boot! Not to mention his beloved katy, scotty, and
others.

He professed that anyone that crossposts will go into his killfile! I
guess he will have to killfile himself, along with katykunt! Too funny!

Maybe he's finally agreed that crossposting isn't such a bad thing after
all!

blondie

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

KCL Leave Alesford Lake and head to the bay. Moron is their.

KLC Lewis wrote:

"Chi Chi" wrote in message
m...
OK...after reading his explanation of the history of sailing in his
family, I addend this. WHen you take her sailing, don't ask her to do
anything. Make her as comfortable as possible. Have a bottle of wine
on board. A boc of chocolates, a good book. Ig things get dicey, don't
get mad. Just clear the decks and do what has to be done. And get your
engine fixed so it never happens again. DON'T not take her sailing when
she asks. Take fer, grit your teeth, and think of the benefits that
might come from being pleasant for the day.

Oh sure I'd bet You'd like that, being treated like royalty I suppose is
what You expect from men just because You're a female. With that type of
attitude the captain ought to throw your ass overboard. You ever hear the
word teamwork? Just like a marriage sailing is a team thing but I doubt
You comprehend that.

For what it's worth, I have this exact relationship with my husband -- he
doesn't care to learn a thing about sailing, doesn't particularly like it,
and wouldn't mind at all if I sold Escapade. Then again, he does, from time
to time, enjoy a day out on the water. So when we go sailing I treat it as
if I'm single-handing. I try to lure him into the cockpit if it's nice out
and there's something "interesting to see" (what -- just the water isn't
enough!?) but otherwise leave him to nap below or whatever he wants to do.

Granted, it's more fun when I have my sister and family aboard, because they
absolutely LOVE sailing, and want to learn about it. But you know what they
say: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't teach him to gybe."