Default One question lead to another, how would a boat owner go about getting a sponsor to pay ???????

A fellow employee where I work asked "why don't you get a spinnaker with
the
name of some firm or product on it and get the spinnaker for free"?

In my travels, as well as pictures I have seen on the net etc, many
spinnakers have logos', product names, company names, etc on them.

Since I need a spinnaker, why not. But how would I go about finding a firm,
product, etc who would be willing to pay for the spinnaker.

Any ideas?

Almost not worth the hassle. If there is something truly unique about the
boat and you are willing to give up a lot of control you can cut some fairly
good deals. The construction of Rutu has been covered in 3 national
magazines and there will be coverage (eventually) of the launch and first
sea trials. I have gotten major discounts from two manufacturers and
commitments from two more. It requires constant contact and progress
reports, endless meetings and negotiation on logo placement, access to and
use of the boat.

If I didn't absolutely need it to fit her out the way I want I would not
have done it.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
A fellow employee where I work asked "why don't you get a spinnaker with
the
name of some firm or product on it and get the spinnaker for free"?

In my travels, as well as pictures I have seen on the net etc, many
spinnakers have logos', product names, company names, etc on them.

Since I need a spinnaker, why not. But how would I go about finding a
firm, product, etc who would be willing to pay for the spinnaker.

Any ideas?

There is a guy up north of Boothbay who has been working on a schooner for
"30" years. He is about done. Should launch next year.

I don't even think he has an email address!

====================================
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
[...]

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:10:43 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

A fellow employee where I work asked "why don't you get a spinnaker with
the
name of some firm or product on it and get the spinnaker for free"?

In my travels, as well as pictures I have seen on the net etc, many
spinnakers have logos', product names, company names, etc on them.

Since I need a spinnaker, why not. But how would I go about finding a firm,
product, etc who would be willing to pay for the spinnaker.

Any ideas?

Easy for me. I ended up with a black deer on a yellow background,
John Deere Industrial colors.

Of course my father in law was a partner in the Deere dealership.
One of the less expensive ad purchases he made.

Frank