Default Which Coast Guard form?

Can someone enlighten me about the following:

In the case of a documented vessel purchased jointly (50/50) by husband and
wife - and now owned solely by the wife as a result of a divorce settlement,
which Coast Guard should be used - CG-1258, CG-1340 or CG-1270 ?

If it is considered a "Transfer of Interest", then it would appear to me
that it would be sufficient to use CG-1270: Certificate of Documentation and
just have both parties sign on the reverse - have the signatures notarized
and then mail the certificate with an $8. check to the NVDC, based on the
following - Interest in vessel may be transferred by last documented
owner(s) on reverse of original Certificate of Documentation. Original
signature(s) of seller(s) must be acknowledged before a notary public.

But perhaps that ain't so.....

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Claus

. ..

?

If it is considered a "Transfer of Interest", then it would appear to me
that it would be sufficient to use CG-1270: Certificate of Documentation
and just have both parties sign on the reverse - have the signatures
notarized and then mail the certificate with an $8. check to the NVDC,
based on the following - Interest in vessel may be transferred by last
documented owner(s) on reverse of original Certificate of Documentation.
Original signature(s) of seller(s) must be acknowledged before a notary
public.

But perhaps that ain't so.....

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Claus

The best advice would be to give them a call. They're quite helpful on the
phone.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com