Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default hunter 34

Scotty wrote:
What, exactly, is ''blue water friendly'' ?

SBV

"Chi Chi" wrote in message
t...
Shaun,
I am in the process of buying a 1981 37 foot hunter cutter

rigged but it has
a shoal keel, don't know much about sail boats yet have

only ever had power
boats before. I was told that the early 80's cherubini

design are excellent
quality and design boats, plus the price I'm paying for it

at $25,000.00
with all the accessory's the current seller has added to

make it a more live
aboard comfortable and blue water friendly i don't think I

can wrong with
it. I had the boat surveyed and my surveyor told me the

boat and all the
extra's included make a real good deal and I shouldn't

have any problems
other then a few minor things but that's to be expected He

siad he would
feel comfortable and safe going to the carribean in it as

it sits now so I
think I'm gonna be ok with it. I have heard that the later

80's models had
some problems so You might want to consider only looking

at the early 80's
models.

go to http://www.image-ination.com/sailcalc.html and you'll see the
motion comfort is low compared to similar sized boats and the roll over
ratio isn't the best.